cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back motivated

tag
lalalyn04

Back motivated

Well I was lurking around this time last year and was motivated to repair my crefit ...so I opened a secured boa and have a fingerhut. My credit jumped from 527 to 580... for the year its been from 570 to 580 been paying both on time...a lot of things fell off my report its just 5 never on my report and 5 inquiries fell off...so on Saturday a lady at walmart asked if I wanted to apply for a card I just knew I was not going to get it...surprisingly they approved me for 500.... then yesterday I applied for barclay mastercard they approved me of 500 best buy approved 500 amazon 700 and another cc for 300... I'm like you got to be kidding me although low amounts but no one was not giving me no credit and a few months ago tried to get a car and got denied...so I'm saying my credit has to be higher..so I checked on quiz le and I'm at 624....omg I am shocked and barclays and walmart already repirting ...I feel. have hope now and you all advice worked and now I'm going to continue to garden...my question is....are these to i many credit cards or is it fine for now...any advice....

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: Back motivated

Congrats on your rebuild and the approvals. It's too late to wonder whether it's too many cards - I think you'll be fine as long as you garden for the next year and build some good history.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 2 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congarts and no its not to many if you can manage them 

Head on over to the garden and say hello I would like to check in Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 11
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your journey.  I would definitely invest the money and get your real FICO scores, as Quizzle is a FAKO (fake score).  You may see a huge difference in scores, your actual scores (FICO scores that is) may be higher.  Like you've mentioned, you may want to garden for about a year or so, request CLIs in between (if they are SPs), then when your scores climb higher, app for the cards you want.  You may be geting $500 now, but let those accounts age and let your scores rise you may start getting 5k approvals later on. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 11
lalalyn04

Thanks I will do just that..hopefully my boa will unsecure soon

Message 5 of 11
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals. You got some of the same low limits I got when I opened some of mine a couple months ago, but hey-an approval is still an approval! Better than a denial! Now I'll tell you the same thing everyone here told me after my app spree: garden for a while. IOW don't app for anything else and build on what you've acquried thus far. Your scores will begin to improve in a short time. ALSO another reason to stop: Barclay doesn't like seeing to many new accounts along with theirs-from what I've read.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 6 of 11
lalalyn04

Oh ok credit hoarder that's what I heard to about Barclay... I am done and a like overwhelmed shocked and excited... but I'm on my way to getting that new car so m going to garden...

Message 7 of 11
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Make sure to close Credit One before your year is up, otherwise you may get hit w/ nasty AF & monthly fee. Some prime lenders do not like to see First Premier & Credit One on TLs.  Also their APR is crazzzy.  Soooooo glad that I closed both. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 8 of 11
lalalyn04

You know what I would have never applied for credit one if I knew I would of been approved of barclays so I'm defense going to close before my year is up and I'm not go i going to use 

Message 9 of 11
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations OP!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.