cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdating AMEX BCE??

tag
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

Re: Backdating AMEX BCE?? Consistently Inconsistent.

@john398 wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

@studiogeek wrote:

edit) CORPORATE to Personal?

Things have changed but it WAS possible.

My Fiance had a corporate card from work. Last october, I had her apply for a personal Amex. I had them backdate her new card from the Biz card. I then had her add me as an AU. I called 3 times and got them to backdate my other Amex cards by the third call. I now have 3 other Amex all with that date but they refuse to backdate the actual AU card I initally asked them to backdate (because it's an AU card). 

(Edit changed biz to corporate)

What phone number did y'all call??? When I call customer service, I get these foreign idiots that cant seem to answer my questions and seem not to have the authority to answer my questions anyway! Anyone?

I called 1-888-258-3741

They have added my personal card account to my corpoarte card account online (can see both from one login). However I notice that on the top left where it says my name, then below it it says "member since 2012". Does that mean that they have backdated the new card? My gut tells me no, but want to make sure and see if someone knows...

In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Current FICO Scores: 783 (EX) | 766 (EQ) | 764 (TU)
Message 21 of 33
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Hcontreras wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

@studiogeek wrote:

My Fiance had a corporate card from work. Last october, I had her apply for a personal Amex. I had them backdate her new card from the Biz card. I then had her add me as an AU. I called 3 times and got them to backdate my other Amex cards by the third call. I now have 3 other Amex all with that date but they refuse to backdate the actual AU card I initally asked them to backdate (because it's an AU card). 

What phone number did y'all call??? When I call customer service, I get these foreign idiots that cant seem to answer my questions and seem not to have the authority to answer my questions anyway! Anyone?

I called 1-888-258-3741

They have added my personal card account to my corpoarte card account online (can see both from one login). However I notice that on the top left where it says my name, then below it it says "member since 2012". Does that mean that they have backdated the new card? My gut tells me no, but want to make sure and see if someone knows...

If your online profile says 2012, your CR's should reflect that year for all accounts in which you are a primary cardmember. 

Message 22 of 33
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

@studiogeek wrote:

I called 1-888-258-3741

If your online profile says 2012, your CR's should reflect that year for all accounts in which you are a primary cardmember. 

Yeah, but my corporate card doesn't show up on my credit report because although it has my name on it (and am responsible to make the paymets on it), it is from my company.

In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Message 23 of 33
john398
Senior Contributor

I would just call them and tell them to update your member since date on your new card to 2012 and send you a new card, using that wording, they will also update the credit report automatically but I would not call to specifically ask to update on your CR, thats how I did it

Message 24 of 33
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@john398 wrote:

I would just call them and tell them to update your member since date on your new card to 2012 and send you a new card, using that wording, they will also update the credit report automatically but I would not call to specifically ask to update on your CR, thats how I did it

I actually haven't gotten my card yet (in the mail). I don't care much about if it says it on my card. More for my CR for AAoA... :-)

Now in the garden...
Message 25 of 33
john398
Senior Contributor

@Hcontreras wrote:

@john398 wrote:

I actually haven't gotten my card yet (in the mail). I don't care much about if it says it on my card. More for my CR for AAoA... :-)

Oh me too more for AAoA but thats the way I said it with CSR because many CSR do not know about AAoA

Message 26 of 33
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

@john398 wrote:

Oh me too more for AAoA but thats the way I said it with CSR because many CSR do not know about AAoA

I just went to the online chat session inside my account....I explained to the CSR that I wanted to update my "member since" date (2012) on my new card to reflect my current card (I didn't say corporate card, i just said "current card"). She asked me a few questions, then said "Ok, I have submitted the request form to change your member since date". Then said "a member of our concern team will investigate it, then change the member since date". I interpretted this as if someone else will have to review the request. She then said "we will be sending you an updated card to reflect the member since date to 2012". She also pointed out that my new card hasn't been sent out yet (since I was only approved Sunday night). I hope this will do it! I'm still a little skeptical that it will NOT go through, since someone else must "investigate the request". Maybe it will. She seemed to be convinced that it was a done deal...Just a matter of someone approving it and printing my card with new member since date. Thoughts??? Does it sound like a done deal???

Now in the garden...
Message 27 of 33
john398
Senior Contributor

@Hcontreras wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

@john398 wrote:

I just went to the online chat session inside my account....I explained to the CSR that I wanted to update my "member since" date (2012) on my new card to reflect my current card (I didn't say corporate card, i just said "current card"). She asked me a few questions, then said "Ok, I have submitted the request form to change your member since date". Then said "a member of our concern team will investigate it, then change the member since date". I interpretted this as if someone else will have to review the request. She then said "we will be sending you an updated card to reflect the member since date to 2012". She also pointed out that my new card hasn't been sent out yet (since I was only approved Sunday night). I hope this will do it! I'm still a little skeptical that it will NOT go through, since someone else must "investigate the request". Maybe it will. She seemed to be convinced that it was a done deal...Just a matter of someone approving it and printing my card with new member since date. Thoughts??? Does it sound like a done deal???

Yep sounds like a done deal, congrats

Message 28 of 33
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

@john398 wrote:

Yep sounds like a done deal, congrats

Yeah!! Thanks alot for your assistance! It worked!

Now in the garden...
Message 29 of 33
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

I just think it's so weird that one CSR can tell you "we can't do that", then you word it differently and gets done with another CSR! WOW!

Now in the garden...
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.