Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdating Amex AU Account to Reflect your Individual Member Since Date

tag
TragicMisstep
New Visitor

Backdating Amex AU Account to Reflect your Individual Member Since Date

I haven't had a card with Amex in years, but my wife recently applied for one and added me as an authorized user. When I received the card it had a 2014 "member since" date, however when I created an account online it had my correct "member since 1998" information. Gave customer service a call and they happily sent me out a replacement card with the correct member since date.

I've seen numerous posts about people who had been AUs back in the day correcting their member since dates, but hadn't seen any posts about the reverse. It seems like this could be a good way to bump up your AAoA and score if you're rebuilding your credit and don't qualify on your own for an Amex card (assuming that you aren't burned with Amex, since they ask for your SSN when requesting an additional card).

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Backdating Amex AU Account to Reflect your Individual Member Since Date

@TragicMisstep wrote:

I haven't had a card with Amex in years, but my wife recently applied for one and added me as an authorized user. When I received the card it had a 2014 "member since" date, however when I created an account online it had my correct "member since 1998" information. Gave customer service a call and they happily sent me out a replacement card with the correct member since date.

I've seen numerous posts about people who had been AUs back in the day correcting their member since dates, but hadn't seen any posts about the reverse. It seems like this could be a good way to bump up your AAoA and score if you're rebuilding your credit and don't qualify on your own for an Amex card (assuming that you aren't burned with Amex, since they ask for your SSN when requesting an additional card).

Welcome to the forum.  On the contrary,there have been many threads regarding this very issue. While your MSD and online profile were backdated;  as an ACM your CR's will not be backdated. Once you become a primary, that Amex will reflect your MSD. 

Message 2 of 3
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

Re: Backdating Amex AU Account to Reflect your Individual Member Since Date

Agree with Lexie. While the card might have your MSD as 98, unless you get a card of your own, the open date on your CR will be when you were added as a ACM.

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.