Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdating For AU

tag
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

Backdating For AU

Me and my wife have old BOFA cc's that we both opened when we were 17. Can we add each other as AU's to each others cards and benefit from a bump in AAoA? If so, will it auto backdate or is it something I'd have to request with a CSR?

Thanks in advance.
☮ & ❤
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Backdating For AU

Just add selves to others account and it will report as if it had been open the entire time you dont have to ask a CSR to backdate it.

Message 2 of 5
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

And there's no HP for adding an AU right?

☮ & ❤
Message 3 of 5
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

Also, just to be sure; alot of the posts on here about backdating tend to be linked to AMEX accounts. Can anyone confirm that all major bank cc's will backdate? Or at the very least this BoFA cc will?

☮ & ❤
Message 4 of 5
JustinS
Regular Contributor

From what it sounds like we're not talking apples to apples. Adding an AU is NOT backdating (unless I am mistaken, I reserve the right to be wrong). An AU account that reports simply takes the entire credit history of that card and shows it on the AU's report. Whereas backdating is the MSD terminology that amex has where you open a 2nd amex it will backdate to whatever your MSD is of your first amex card.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.