Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdating Success But Took Some Effort

tag
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Backdating Success But Took Some Effort

After four years without an AMEX card my new BCE card was my foot back in the door.  When I registered online the page displayed Member since 1995 but then the card was embossed with Member since 12.  I called customer service and the rep told me some confusing stuff.  

I asked why they were different, she said it doesn't matter.  

I asked if she would reissue my card with 95, she asked if there was a problem with my card.  

I said there is no problem just that I wanted the card to reflect accurately, she said it does.

This was going nowhere.

This morning I called the Executive Office.  I think I'm in love.  The rep said since there was a gap in card membership that card services probably didn't see the 95 reference and issued with the real year.  OK, sounds legit.  Then she verified my address info and told me the corrected card would be overnighted if it wasn't too late to get it out today.  She confirmed my phone number and promised to call me by COB today to let me know if I'd get it tomorrow.  THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE.  Now all she has to do to keep the  love flowing is actually call me.  

Oh, and I can continue using my existing card, too.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Re: Backdating Success But Took Some Effort

Wow, congrats. That is great news. This will help with your aaoa and hence the scores! Way to you!

Btw, what happened with your first account with Amex in 95?

I have burned them in the past for about $2000 about 8 years ago, and heard that they dont approve you again. Hence, never bothered to apply, but would love to if they let me in.  Would like to know your experiences!

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
jake619
Frequent Contributor

I was carrying zero balances on Gold and Blue cards up until 2009 when I short sold my home.  Gotta miss some mortgage payments in a short sale (to prove hardship blah blah blah) and well, they didn't like it and sent me letters on each card telling me our time was up and both were closed immediately (Citi and Disco did the same to me, too).  At the time I had bigger problems (like the roof over my head) so I didn't really care, and it saved me the AF on Gold.  So not really a burn but more of a you suck and we know it.

Message 3 of 4
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Oh ok, Thanks!

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.