Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdoor Number Discussions....

tag
RSCo
Established Contributor

Backdoor Number Discussions....

Hi all....  So I read so many great success stories surrounding outcomes from those backdoor calls.. I'm just wondering what exactly do you tell them to get them to recon? How do you change their minds if their computer models say you should be declined or should have a lower CL?

Thanks..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Express
Frequent Contributor

Re: Backdoor Number Discussions....

Backdoor Number Is Great!!!

Called Chase Backdoor Number to see if I could get a CLI on two freedom cards one with a cl of $1900, this is my oldest card since 1999 The other card cl is $4000 that is 3 year old. The Credit Rep said that he would have to transfer me over to another department but could stay on the line just Incase I get the 7 to 10 day notice. The CSR ask the normal ?, about my Income and came back and said that the status is pending and I will be notified by mail in 7 to 10 days Smiley Sad The Credit Rep looked at my app, ask if I wanted to consolidate the two cards I said yes and was approved for a total of $15,000.   Smiley Very HappySmiley Happy

They also asked why I wanted the CLI, I said so I could used the card more often! 
CL $408,200
Message 2 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

Hi all....  So I read so many great success stories surrounding outcomes from those backdoor calls.. I'm just wondering what exactly do you tell them to get them to recon? How do you change their minds if their computer models say you should be declined or should have a lower CL?

Thanks..

You answer the questions from the credit analyst truthfully and explain your case as to why you need this card or increase. They put their pants on the same way you do there is nothing to be afraid of, it's either gonna be yes or no. 50/50.

Explain how the card or increase will benefit you and also how it favors them. Some analysts want to feel your excitement of getting the card or increase (i know that sounds corny but there have been some korky female analysts ive dealt with that seemed to "like" me being passionate and gave me the card Smiley Happy)

Just be truthful and detailed and keep your fingers crossed......Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 10
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

+1 for the truthful and detailed aspects.

+1 also for sounding excited about their specific card and its benefits.

+1 for kissing rump by saying that you really want to build a long term good relationship with their company because you have heard so many good things about them.

Research the card and learn what it offers so that when you tell them you like BLAH BLAH feature, it actually has that feature.  I know that sounds trivila but doing one's homework only benefits you. Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 4 of 10
RSCo
Established Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

+1 for kissing rump by saying that you really want to build a long term good relationship with their company because you have heard so many good things about them.

Research the card and learn what it offers so that when you tell them you like BLAH BLAH feature, it actually has that feature.  I know that sounds trivila but doing one's homework only benefits you. Smiley Happy

Great advice.. Thanks so much guys for the advice.. I've never been comfortable at being so vulnerable and feeling so exposed.. Yeah, I know.. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

No sweat! Smiley Happy 

Thats what this forum is all about and precisely why so many have enormous success here.  People offer what they can in the way of insight and the accumulated experiences of so many definitely work in our favor.

Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 6 of 10
NewYorkGuy
Established Member

@Pilotdude wrote:

I love using the backdoor numbers! I have a way with words and I get a thrill out of it. The first time I did, it was a little nerve wracking but you get used to it and it becomes exciting after a while. Some of my best cards and CLIs were obtained through backdoors. Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 10
RSCo
Established Contributor

@NewYorkGuy wrote:

@Pilotdude wrote:

I love using the backdoor numbers! I have a way with words and I get a thrill out of it. The first time I did, it was a little nerve wracking but you get used to it and it becomes exciting after a while. Some of my best cards and CLIs were obtained through backdoors. Smiley Tongue

REALLY??  WOW...  That's awesome.. So do the reps know that you are calling specifically to ask for an escalation?  Do they end up doing another hard pull after their computers just did one?

Message 8 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

No they typically go off of the report pulled for the app but you only have a short window of time usually a few days for them to do that.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 10
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
No they typically go off of the report pulled for the app but you only have a short window of time usually a few days for them to do that.

Except Chase. It was about thirty minutes between rings with analysts and the new person did another inquiry when I was asking for an increase. Same thing happened when I applied for another Ink card. Less than one hour between rings and the second person felt another inquiry was neccessary. Next time I will ask that another inquiry not be done.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.