Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdoor Number for Cabelas/Worlds Foremost Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Backdoor Number for Cabelas/Worlds Foremost Bank

I looked at the Backdoor Number list- and was hoping to find the number for Cabelas, WFMB - can anyone help me with this?  They closed my account and I would like to call and ask them to re-open/re-evaluate.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Backdoor Number for Cabelas/Worlds Foremost Bank

Not sure if they have a BD number why did they close your account?
Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 03-15-2009 09:25 AM
Message 2 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
not sure if they have a BD number why did they close your account?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=151025

ScrapEX you will still keep the age of the acct. for about ten years after closure.  also, you seem to be in a good position having been approved for other cards to make up for the lost CL.  have you considered a CU?  unfortunately i think it is relatively uncommon for an account closed by issuer to be summarily reopened.  it can't hurt to ask...but your new accounts can replace their tradeline.  i know they've been popular but nothing about them that i am aware of makes them so much better than any other issuer, it's their loss really with you being a good customer for all these years.  i say hunker down with your new issuers (try a CU sometime down the road if you haven't yet, since they do not typically misbehave like this with frequency)  

try to pay the closed account to zero ASAP so the outstanding balance doesn't impact your score. 

Message Edited by score_building on 03-15-2009 07:46 AM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Cabelas got scared when allot of people from here start applying for there card. My thing is why open a bank or card if you can't handle your customers. I was approved for there card then a few days later i was told i was denied cause they couldn't verify my identity. I guess that's what i get for messing with a crappy low budget bank never again.
Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 03-15-2009 09:38 AM
Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you call the number on the back of your card, the CSR will transfer you to credit department.

Granted my card was CLD before I even got it and then at 6 months when I asked for a CLI I got a CLD (but in there defense a bad mortgage showed back up on my credit report, credit said once I got that back off they would give me my cl back plus the increase I had been asking for)

They have always been super nice when I call and if you happen to shop with them, they are EXCELLENT with any order issues, returns, etc.

I would have to say, they are on the top of my list right now until BofA graduates, then we will see. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called today- and they said they use MANY factors when it comes to re-opening the account. The number of years I've had the card will be an important factor.  I liked this card due to the limit- and I liked it for the amount I spend with their website, the points come in handy when you hunt/fish etc. like I do. That is my main reason for wanting to keep this card.
Message 6 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

i hear ya, just keep in mind that you can get that CL and higher elsewhere

discover more for example pays 5% cashback at cabella's whereas you received 3%

i hope you get it back since you like and want it, just pointing out that you may find as good or better if they don't comply with your request to reopen.  GL!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.