aneauness

Backdoor Numbers

Hello Forum Community,

I am new to the forum, and am actually supposed to be gardening. Apparently I forgot my gardening hoe, had to leave the garden for a brief moment and instead of returning, I have been on an app spree. I was recently applied and was denied for Citi Thank You Preferred and Barclay's. I was considering calling the backdoor numbers for reconsideration, but was wondering if creditor were able to see if an account is an individual or joint account. I think the denial will be for too many inquires, and of course I am not going to reveal that I have been on an app spree. My reason is to state I am currently separating from my fiance in which we had joint accounts and I want to establish more of my own. FYI...I have been recently approved for a few store cards, Citi Simplicity, and gas cards.

Anyone have any words of suggestion?

Frequent Contributor
E150GT

Re: Backdoor Numbers

might as well call. Cant hurt

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $18k
EQ-742 EX-702 TU-737
09Lexie

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your break up and I understand the desire to jump while the iron is hot. To answer your question, yes, the lenders can see the responsibility
aneauness

Thanks for the letting me know they can see the responsiblity. I don't really know if I should really call the backdoor number for not having a valid reason for seeking another card with them. I hope to make it back to the garden very soon for an entire year, at least.

Frequent Contributor
E150GT

aneauness wrote:

Thanks for the letting me know they can see the responsiblity. I don't really know if I should really call the backdoor number for not having a valid reason for seeking another card with them. I hope to make it back to the garden very soon for an entire year, at least.

Well you already applied and took a hit. No harm in asking. If denied, then head to the garden. If approved, head to the garden. Its only a phone call and can be a good one. If its not then you are still in the same position you are in now. 

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $18k
EQ-742 EX-702 TU-737
aneauness

I think I will follow your advice and make the call; the worst thing they can tell me is no verbally. The garden is definitely where I need to be.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+