Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdoor number success

tag
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Backdoor number success

I just called Chase backdoor number and was transfered to an account supervisor. I asked for a CLI on my Circuit City visa. I had $1000 limit. She asked how much I wanted (shaking, voice quivering) I said $1500. She asked about my employment, household income and such. Approved! I know it's not much but I will take what I can get and be happy. I've been very good with this card and currently only have $90 showing on it. Pretty Cool!
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Backdoor number success

Congrats
Message 2 of 6
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Congrats dizbuster. So Chase did a hard or was it a soft?

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 6
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

I'm asuming it was a hard because she asked my permission to pull my credit. I've been leary of asking because of the hard but dangit I deserve it Smiley Happy
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

dizbuster wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

I'm asuming it was a hard because she asked my permission to pull my credit. I've been leary of asking because of the hard but dangit I deserve it Smiley Happy

As far as I know, Chase always does a hard for a customer-requested CLI. But hey, that's what inqs are for, you might as use them every now and again, and congrats on improving the usefulness of the card!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
score_building
Senior Contributor

good work it will probably be less nerve wracking the next time Smiley Happy my (half baked) theory is, if HP request up to double the CL if it is a relatively low limit card.  in any case you done good!  congrats- chase is being very careful these days, v cool!
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.