Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdoor numbers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Backdoor numbers

Hey all,

What is the big deal of the backdoor numbers for the cc companies?

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Backdoor numbers

It's to get you to bank employees with more powers than those of the front-line CS phone-answerers. Credit line increases, APR changes, reconsideration after being declined, and so forth.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool, thanks for that info.  I just applied for a Sovereign Bank WorldPoints Visa, and the automated thing said I will hear something in 30 days.  I figured I would get automatically approved since I got approved for a mortgage through AU.  I wasn't sure if I called the backdoor number if they'd be able to give me some info.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know of a backdoor number for FIA card services?

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever get a backdoor number for FIA Card Services?
Message 5 of 14
Scamp
Valued Contributor

jmac & bentley, check Backdoor Numbers - look for Bofa/FIA.  There's one on there under that listing.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 6 of 14
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

FYI: Many of the backdoor numbers listed for BofA/FIA in that thread are obsolete.
Message 7 of 14
Scamp
Valued Contributor

jmbfl wrote:
FYI: Many of the backdoor numbers listed for BofA/FIA in that thread are obsolete.

jmbfl, is your info from trying those numbers since I went through and tried to clean up that thread just a couple weeks ago? 

I did go through and delete any that had been reported as non-working prior to that.  If some of those still listed have gone obsolete since my clean-up, please confirm that for me, and if possible, let me know which ones.

Thanks!

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI, as of 3/20/09 this number for HSBC is still good.  I had called once on the 16th for a CLI and was turned down.  7 days later a new HSBC credit card showed up in my mailbox.  Same credit card number, but with somoenes name of whom I've never heard.  I immediately called back and spoke with someone in their fraud dept who said they would investigate and call me back on Monday.  They honestly called me back on Monday and said that their analyst had two people's information up and accidentally merged my account with someone else!  They also said that they had corrected the error they had made and offered me a CLI.  While tempted to go ahead and take a pity CLI, I told them I would let the mistake go if they deleted my old Late Pays from 2007!!  Just got two separate letters from them yesterday detailing the 30 Lates and that they had been DELETED!!!!  Woo Hoo!!  Sometimes you can make lemonade out of lemons!!!!

EX:?? (Fako says 641) EQ: 716 TU: 668

HSBC: 866-719-3897 (Credit Analyst?)

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had my mom call the Orchard Bank backdoor number after spending many hours browsing the forums. She got the card 1yr. after her BK was discharged in 2004. She has been getting automatic CLI’s until 13 months ago. She started with $300 and has been stuck at $1300.

The lady gave her a "complementary increase of $200" and said she will also submit for a CLI with a hard pull.

Her balance is $950 (she knows...) and has an EQ Fico of 664.

Great stuff!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.