Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdoor way to get AMEX NPSL internal limit

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Backdoor way to get AMEX NPSL internal limit

I've talked to 2 different reps about getting what the internal limit is and they say they cant give that information. I would really like to know this so I don't get declined anytime. Is there a method to get it?

I assume I'm good for up to $1,500 thats what my bal. is currently. I've had 2 statements go through 1 for $544 and 1 for $1,056 both paid. statement closing date is 17th of every month.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Re: Backdoor way to get AMEX NPSL internal limit

Every time i called they gave it to me
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 2 of 31
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Why not just use the online tool?  Although I wouldn't use it non stop.  It says to call in after too many times

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 31
CS800
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

I've talked to 2 different reps about getting what the internal limit is and they say they cant give that information. I would really like to know this so I don't get declined anytime. Is there a method to get it?

I assume I'm good for up to $1,500 thats what my bal. is currently. I've had 2 statements go through 1 for $544 and 1 for $1,056 both paid. statement closing date is 17th of every month.

Everytime I have called, they always told me I didnt have a limit which I know isnt true. So I used the online tool to check my spending limit. I use it about twice a month.

Message 4 of 31
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

CS rep was very happy to tell me. I didn't call it internal limit though as I thought that could yield an answer similar to what you got. I said I was wondering if a purchase of xxx amount would be approved and at what amount I should perhaps call to find out or when I would need to make a payment. CSR told me straight away that what I was asking would be approved and I could go up to xyz.

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 5 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Would increasing my spend by $500 every month be ok? Obviously stopping at what I can afford.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 31
CS800
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
Would increasing my spend by $500 every month be ok? Obviously stopping at what I can afford.

Do you have the option to check your spending limit when you log on?

They learn your spending habit and adjust accordingly. Have you tried calling ato have the limit removed? Not sure how long ago you got your card.

Message 7 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Do you have the option to check your spending limit when you log on?

They learn your spending habit and adjust accordingly. Have you tried calling ato have the limit removed? Not sure how long ago you got your card.

I don't have a set limit, it's NPSL. I'm saying would be safe to charge last months balance plus $500 each month, etc. up to what I can afford to pay?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 31
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Just spend up to your limit and pay ASAP. Doesn't have to be whole bill. Just to free up space on card. You will find your internal limit rises to where you want it to be that way.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 9 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Crashem wrote:
Just spend up to your limit and pay ASAP. Doesn't have to be whole bill. Just to free up space on card. You will find your internal limit rises to where you want it to be that way.

Thats the problem I don't know what the limit is. The highest ive gptten on the card is $1,500. I'm kinda spooked to go further next month.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.