Did you mean: 

Backdoor way to get AMEX NPSL internal limit

tag
android01
Valued Contributor

Re: Backdoor way to get AMEX NPSL internal limit

@LS2982 wrote:

Appreciate the input guys!!!

I'm just gonna keep going as I have and hope I don't hit a speedbump on the way Smiley Very Happy

Never be afraid to use a credit card for fear of adverse action.  If such action occurs, the card was not worth having in the first place!  Smiley Wink

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 21 of 31
mokong
Regular Contributor

+1

Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I was also concerned with this when I fist got my card.  I just used the button and punched in 4500 and it said approved.  I would agree that the more you spend the better your chances are to have a higher CL.  You could always call them and tell them your putting new carpet in your house/appartment and tell them it's going to cost you 10 G's and you want to konw if you can put it on your card?

Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 31
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes I was also concerned with this when I fist got my card.  I just used the button and punched in 4500 and it said approved.  I would agree that the more you spend the better your chances are to have a higher CL.  You could always call them and tell them your putting new carpet in your house/appartment and tell them it's going to cost you 10 G's and you want to konw if you can put it on your card?

Smiley Happy

+1.  Just use the "check your spending ability" button.   AMEX put it there for you to use.....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I swear they put it there to tempt me to play with it.  Must resist!!!!!

At least it distracts me from the app itch Smiley Tongue

Message 25 of 31
ppiresny
Contributor

STOP BEING AFRAID OF THE BUTTON, It is there for us to use, and possibly prevent embarassment at checkout.

I just did mine as an experiment for you guys and am not afraid they will see this as negative.

spending limit

For the love of you guys, thats just how it looks if you hit that button Smiley Happy.

TU 708 EQ 690 EX 708(FCR)

Portfolio
Amex Zync NPSL,Amex Blue Cash Everyday $2700,Barclaycard iTunes rewards $2500,Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000,GAP Visa $1250,Express Store card $750,Dell Preferred Account $1500,Discover More $3000,Citi Diamond Preferred $9000,Chase Freedom $1500,Wells Fargo Auto Loan $19,000 @ 11%
Message 26 of 31
ppiresny
Contributor

i got a quick question, when a year has been accomplished holding this card, can you keep the zync and apply for the gold premier? or is it wise to get rid of the zync and have one charge card with them, i guess it would be because holding the Amex Gold PRGC will deter me from using the zync. also is it like closing it and applying for the new one or can it be PC'ed.

TU 708 EQ 690 EX 708(FCR)

Portfolio
Amex Zync NPSL,Amex Blue Cash Everyday $2700,Barclaycard iTunes rewards $2500,Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000,GAP Visa $1250,Express Store card $750,Dell Preferred Account $1500,Discover More $3000,Citi Diamond Preferred $9000,Chase Freedom $1500,Wells Fargo Auto Loan $19,000 @ 11%
Message 27 of 31
dnice77
Regular Contributor

OP, use your card to what you can afford !!!! Smiley Happy if AMEX declines you, if you have been a good customer im sure they can approve a 1 time approval and that will build your internal limit.

a while ago when i got my AMEX i went out and bought a 900 pair of shoes, 300 in misc clothes and then i went to have a setak dinner. During the payment of the biill the waiter took a real long time. im thinking oh crap, a decline and a FR !!! then the waiter came back and said sorry for the delay, the phone line on the credit card terminal was unpluged Smiley Happy

at that point i said i cant live in fear. i use my card for all kinds of crap, fast food, home dept, online purchases everything. if i get FRd i didnt lie on my application so i really dont have a problem.

Soo i play to put my Jet Skis on my Plat, now thats a 30k purchase i will call 1st so they know but i wouldnt hestitate to harge 5 or 10k without calling and my history per month is in the mid 3k.

Just my opinion.

Starting Score: 617
Current Score: 744 Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 28 of 31
Crashem
Valued Contributor

13 months to pc and all info stays the same. Other the other hand, if I had the right backdating, I might consider apping for new card to get new trade line and any bonuses and then canceling zync afterwards. Two backdated tradelines are better than one when your can increase your aaoa.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a Zync last month and I was approved for NPSL, so far I have not tried more than 5k with the button.  I am pretty sure I could have gotten a Green Card if I wanted one and maybe even a Gold.  I picked Zync because it has the cheapest AF, since I do not really travel.  Next year I hope to qualify for a BCP, then I will SD the Zync.  Though I must admit there are several nice things about Zync rewards and it does make me curious about Green, Gold and Plat...  Maybe one day Smiley Wink

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.