Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backlisted

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Backlisted

@Skye12329 wrote:
If you burned Citi, Chase or Amex they blacklist till your debt is paid basically. Cap1 is forgiving.

Or 30 years, whichever comes first.

Message 11 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:
If you burned Citi, Chase or Amex they blacklist till your debt is paid basically. Cap1 is forgiving.

Or 30 years, whichever comes first.

Well, at least that gives me something to look forward to; I'm coming up on 20 years since I burned Citi in a BK7... then it will be just 10 more years to go!  Smiley Surprised

Seriously, I've not tried to get approved for another card with them, so I might not even be on their blacklist.  So far there's not been anything attractive enough to me to make me want to risk the HP.  That could always change, though...

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good responses in this thread.
Message 13 of 17
applepie

I settled with AMEX for less than owed.......paid them $30k and they ate $60k.... here I am 6 years later with a new Platinum card from them.......

Message 14 of 17
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I can tell you from my experience that Barclay doesn't forgive very easily...I burned them years ago and they still show me no luv.  When I apply they won't even pull a report...just an instant denial. 

Message 15 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Loquat wrote:

I can tell you from my experience that Barclay doesn't forgive very easily...I burned them years ago and they still show me no luv.  When I apply they won't even pull a report...just an instant denial. 

+1

That was my experience as well with my Sallie Mae application... no credit pull, just summarily declined based on the previous account from years ago (per the letter). 

It could have just been 'in my head', but it seemed like the screen updated almost immediately with the message that I would be getting a letter... I recall there being almost no delay at all (like there is with most online applications).

I was thankful for them not doing a HP,  though...

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a Citi Secured card with a Citi CO still reporting at the time of app
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.