Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Amex

tag
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Bad Amex

I called today about PC'ing my Delta card, since I really get no benefit from it.  They told me I couldn't switch to anything but a cobrand card.  I don't want a cobrand card.  I want the BCE!  The change happened about a week ago, right after I talked to them and it was decided to wait a bit since I had until the end of the month to PC before the AF hit.  I knew I should have simply changed it months ago when I first thought about it.  They were pretty firm about it too!  I did not expect that from them, since they are usually so nice about things.  I would have thought they would have had a little flexibility in this in the beginning of a switch.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bad Amex

wait so you did PC or you did not? you have Delta?

What was the list you were offered?

my experience Delta usually can PC to the hotal cards and use to be the plan Blue.

each of the Amex cards will have a different set of cards it can PC too... many will cross over each other but usually will have at least 1 difference depending what card you currently have and the computer gives them the list, so they really can't do anything above look at the computer... now if you get a new rep that doesn't know how to access that system on the computer, call back and get someone else... but ask them to read each card you can PC too but I wouldn't be surprised to not be able to move to a fab blue cash from a delta. sorry.

Message 2 of 4
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I've found that it's almost better to PC via chat.
Message 3 of 4
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

wait so you did PC or you did not? you have Delta?

What was the list you were offered?

my experience Delta usually can PC to the hotal cards and use to be the plan Blue.

No, I did not PC, but I did think about so that after I contacted the EO they would have to do a second switch.  But then I realized it's Amex not CapOne, no need to put salt in a wound.  I simply sent an email to the EO, hopefully it can be resolved easily with their help.  I want the BCE card so that next year I can switch it out to a second BCP.

They did offer me via chat the Delta Employees card, which has no AF.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.