Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Macys!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bad Macys!

Just pulled my TU and EQ FICOs, as well as my TrueCredit 3-in-1 report today, and my Macy's TL is showing a balance of $85.  I always PIF before the statement date (the 21st of the month), so I was surprised to see a balance on the TL. 

Logged onto my account on macys.com and checked the last three statements (Oct, Sept and Aug)... all had zero balances on them.  Don't know where they came up with the $85.  I've only made one charge since the 21st, and it was more than $85....

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bad Macys!

hello dont worry if you did paid probably the system has not updated cause i just paid my credit card in the amount of 36.00 dollars and it has not update and when i go to the website it says i have 0 balance these also happend to me last time so wait its sunday give it by tommorrow or with in 2 or 3 days i also was shocked when i saw mine last month and i was calling the credit card and they told me that its up to the credit bureaus and i called transunion and they told me that symtem updates every fist of the month and should take atleast 24 to 48 hours  to get updated then i called them and sure the lady told me that i had 0 balance showing in the card
Message 2 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

writemikep wrote:

Just pulled my TU and EQ FICOs, as well as my TrueCredit 3-in-1 report today, and my Macy's TL is showing a balance of $85.  I always PIF before the statement date (the 21st of the month), so I was surprised to see a balance on the TL. 

Logged onto my account on macys.com and checked the last three statements (Oct, Sept and Aug)... all had zero balances on them.  Don't know where they came up with the $85.  I've only made one charge since the 21st, and it was more than $85....

You mean that you paid before the 21st, but you wound up with a balance on the 10/21 statement anyway? If there's a $0 balance on the statement, but there's $85 showing on your credit reports, it sounds like they updated you twice. Discover does this occasionally.

If it's messing up your scores (too many accounts with balances, higher util or something), you could try calling and asking them to report yet again with the $0 balance.

Normally Citi doesn't sit on payments, so that's pretty odd.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

HTSU, yes, I paid the Macy's balance down to zero before the 21st, but all of my reports are showing some unexplained $85 balance (none of my charges add up to that).

Fortunately, it isn't affecting my score (2 out of 7 revolving accounts with balance, only 1% UTIL), but it's just a little confusing.

I logged into my account, and the current balance matches my last purchase, so I don't think it's from an unauthorized charge.  I'm sure it will clear up, I just can't figure out how the balance could report.

Message Edited by writemikep on 11-02-2009 09:24 AM
Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I think I'd call and ask them where it came from. If it was part of the balance that you PIF'd, then somehow it's being charged to you twice. Maybe someone in the store ran it through twice, no idea.

But I can see this thing popping up over and over, and you having to play credit whack-a-gator while trying to get it fixed. Reason enough for a call to CS. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.