cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad customer service at Chase or is it just me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bad customer service at Chase or is it just me?

Ok, I'm a newer Chase customer with only a few months under my belt on a couple of thier cards and I'm having issues with both already.  Wondering if this is normal and I just need to get used to it or what.

First my IHG card.  No points have ever posted to my IHG account correctly.  I had to contact to get my first points sent over and verify my IHG account and they said they'd fix the account.  I'm communicating via secure message and it is taking 4-5 days to get responces from them and not the 24 hours they state.  Fine, but I then contacted them again after hitting my spend so they would know to send the extra 20k match over.  They responded four days later saying it would be sent but to wait up to 30 days to show up but it should only take a few days.  It has now been 37 days, and I contacted them three days ago with no responce so far.  Still have never received a single point deposited into my IHG account automaticlly and I'm at least 83,000 points behind on my IHG account.

Second my Hyatt card.  Points have been working perfecly and overall the cards stay bonus and points are working as they should.  I did not get a statement last month though, I'm at 53 days since my last statement.  My account online still says my next due date is 9-15-15.  I have paid the card in full a couple times each month to be sure and just did again and there was spend each month, but it still says my due date is last month though I have a zero balance.  I've sent another secure message but I assume it will be days for a reply again.

Are these normal issues?  If so Chase is not giving me a warm and fuzzy feeling so far that is for sure.  How can I simply not get a statement or they get the due date correct?  I've never had issues with any other company so these issues are making me slightly worried.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
surehit
Regular Contributor

Re: Bad customer service at Chase or is it just me?

I can't say that I've ever had any issue whatsoever with Chase, in fact they are my favorite issuer by far in terms of customer service. Sorry to hear that you're having issues though Smiley Sad

AMEX Platinum Gold - NPSL | Citi ThankYou Premiere 20k | NASA Platinum Rewards - 20k | Alaska Airlines Visa Signature - 5k x 5 (Not sure why I needed 5.... but still....) | Amex Blue Cash Everyday - 21K | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 15K | Ritz Carlton Card - 10k | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - 5k | BECU Visa - 3k |Barclaycard Rewards - 2k | Chase Amazon Rewards - 1k | Discover IT Student - 500 | Chase Slate - 500 | Walmart Store Card - 700 | BBY CitiBank - 1500 | BBY CitiBank -1000

Eq (MyFico) 767 | TU (FICO) 759 | Ex (FAKO): 749
Message 2 of 16
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

If i ever had to call on my freedom or ink plus i get pretty meh service. If i call via CSP number thats an whole different story i seem to get better service. It obviously is YMMV situation though. Also i haven't called chase customer serivce that often . Only time i called about my freedom was because i wanted to keep it as MC last year sometime. The time i called ink plus was for dispute. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 16
surehit
Regular Contributor

I suppose I should add, I've only ever called the CSP line until I got my Ritz Carlton card and now I call the JPM Executive line, so my experiences have never been with their standard customer service. Not sure how different it might be.
AMEX Platinum Gold - NPSL | Citi ThankYou Premiere 20k | NASA Platinum Rewards - 20k | Alaska Airlines Visa Signature - 5k x 5 (Not sure why I needed 5.... but still....) | Amex Blue Cash Everyday - 21K | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 15K | Ritz Carlton Card - 10k | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - 5k | BECU Visa - 3k |Barclaycard Rewards - 2k | Chase Amazon Rewards - 1k | Discover IT Student - 500 | Chase Slate - 500 | Walmart Store Card - 700 | BBY CitiBank - 1500 | BBY CitiBank -1000

Message 4 of 16
VFuentes

Never had any isues with Chase. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. 

|Chase Freedom ~ ($8.5k)| Marriott Rewards ~ ($10K)| Chase Slate ~ ($8.5K)| Capital One Quick Silver MC ~ ($2,250.00)| Capital One Platinum MC ~ ($4K)| Capital One Visa Platinum ~ ($700)| Merrick Bank ~ ($2,350.00)| Amex EveryDay® Credit Card ~ ($1K)| Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express ~ ($1K)| Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express ~ ($5K)|
[img]http://i.imgur.com/4qsOY5U.png[/img]
Message 5 of 16
Open123
Super Contributor

@surehit wrote:
I suppose I should add, I've only ever called the CSP line until I got my Ritz Carlton card and now I call the JPM Executive line, so my experiences have never been with their standard customer service. Not sure how different it might be.

+1

From my experience, the "best" customer service I've ever experienced, bar none.  They answer the phone quickly, speak perfect English, and their reps not only understand complex spatial issues, but are also empowered to resolve them. 

For those who stay at the Ritz, well worth paying the fee, in my estimation.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't always gotten the most helpful or speediest response via SM, but not as laggy as you have. My Hyatt went perfectly when I got it and had several stays the first few months. However it's now been dormant for a couple, so if there's now a glitch in the system I wouldn't know. 

My biggest gripe with Chase is not having Chat. I dislike the SM system as I prefer to do something in writing and have a trail, but SM is SO SLOW. I am learning to just call them instead. No Chat is a big reason why I give the edge to AmEx and Discover as my favorites. 

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase secure messaging service has gone downhill for me. It used to be great and they were responding within 24 hours but no longer. Now if I need something I call and haven't had any issues by phone so far.
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

@surehit wrote:

+1

From my experience, the "best" customer service I've ever experienced, bar none.  They answer the phone quickly, speak perfect English, and their reps not only understand complex spatial issues, but are also empowered to resolve them. 

Sorry for the tangent: 

Can I just call the JPM line on my Ritz about all my Chase CC's? Do I have to play dumb about it being for the Ritz?

Message 9 of 16
surehit
Regular Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@surehit wrote:

+1

I justify the fee both off of the excellent customer service for whenever I need help with any of my Chase accounts, and off the airline reimbursements. The club level upgrades and Marriot Gold status just make it an even sweeter deal. 

Also, you can call the JPM line for any of your cards with Chase if you have any JPM card, they ask what are the last 4 of the card that you are calling about, and don't say anything at all if it's not the Ritz/other JPM card. Just help with whatever you were calling about in the same professional way.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.