Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bahh! Sallie Mae 2nd Recon Closeout.

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Bahh! Sallie Mae 2nd Recon Closeout.

I feel so stupid but it's all good.

Ok, so called for a second time to Barclay's recon but this story took a very amusing twist.
This very nice lady was Extremely friendly & super polite and looked liked i was right on track for an overturn of the denial.While i took the high ground First, explaining how much i like this card and this and that, on her turn to talk, the nice lady said "we don't have a Sallie Mae mastercard in our products, do you have a pending application with Chase?" "Would you like for me to check for you"?

That's right. My whole opening conversation was with Chase Recon (Credit Analyst!) I don't even have a card with them (yet) Smiley Happy
I accidently dialed Chase Recon believing it was Barclay's recon line!
She even encouraged me to apply for one of they're cards Smiley Happy
I felt so stupid how i dumbed my way onto Chase's recon instead of Barclay's but SHE WAS SUPER ENCOURAGING AND FRIENDLY and didn't even make a whimper over my obvious mistake. In fact she was more interested in an application i might have made with Chase so she could get to work on it.
On the negative side, i did finally reach Barclay's Recon and this really nice guy unlike yesterday, went over every detail with me and it's not his fault he couldn't overturn the denial. Barclay's "freak!" just like my gut told me they would over of all things, Discover- Citi-Cap1 which are over 6 months but less then 1 full year. He seem to brush off my last week's BofA win, but instead cited Barclay's policy of needing to see at least 1 year history on those cards mentioned, despite good profile of scores, util., etc. Ok then fair enough, it's not so important to me anymore if they're not interested, but i did compliment Barclay's for earning my very first denial ever.
He apologized and i at-once corrected him with, "no, please don't apologize for this, you have been completely professional, understanding, and polite and i do understand that it's Barclay's policy but every lender follows their own analysis guidelines".
I didn't want him feeling disappointed that there wasn't something more he could done to win a new account for them.
Frankly, i now confirm that indeed Barclay's suck and do lean to making matters inconvenient for not only some card holders, but their own employees too.

The best part of this entire drama with Barclay's is that Chase accidently entered the picture Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: Bahh! Sallie Mae 2nd Recon Closeout.

Hopefully Barclay's doesn't AA me when they see my CSP and Discover IT report too, and then a car loan Smiley Wink. LOL oh well, if they do - forget them there's other lenders out there. As for me, I <3 Chase Smiley Happy

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 2 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

You're likely good with them. Looks to me new applicants who get shot down and don't get the approval at the first recon they stamp your app as permanent with no chance to recon with someone else like most other lenders do. He mentioned from yesterday's recon the girl marked denied period with no chance to retry.
I figured as much, they look at everyone as "risky" even after you're in with them.
I don't care now, their decision is final and so is mine. Probably it's good that i wasn't approved because i don't need to live in fear of their reported practices of some unexpected AA by them over such trivial matters as new TL - Inq's after getting one of their cards.
Message 3 of 14
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
I feel so stupid but it's all good.

Ok, so called for a second time to Barclay's recon but this story took a very amusing twist.
This very nice lady was Extremely friendly & super polite and looked liked i was right on track for an overturn of the denial.While i took the high ground First, explaining how much i like this card and this and that, on her turn to talk, the nice lady said "we don't have a Sallie Mae mastercard in our products, do you have a pending application with Chase?" "Would you like for me to check for you"?

That's right. My whole opening conversation was with Chase Recon (Credit Analyst!) I don't even have a card with them (yet) Smiley Happy
I accidently dialed Chase Recon believing it was Barclay's recon line!
She even encouraged me to apply for one of they're cards Smiley Happy
I felt so stupid how i dumbed my way onto Chase's recon instead of Barclay's but SHE WAS SUPER ENCOURAGING AND FRIENDLY and didn't even make a whimper over my obvious mistake. In fact she was more interested in an application i might have made with Chase so she could get to work on it.
On the negative side, i did finally reach Barclay's Recon and this really nice guy unlike yesterday, went over every detail with me and it's not his fault he couldn't overturn the denial. Barclay's "freak!" just like my gut told me they would over of all things, Discover- Citi-Cap1 which are over 6 months but less then 1 full year. He seem to brush off my last week's BofA win, but instead cited Barclay's policy of needing to see at least 1 year history on those cards mentioned, despite good profile of scores, util., etc. Ok then fair enough, it's not so important to me anymore if they're not interested, but i did compliment Barclay's for earning my very first denial ever.
He apologized and i at-once corrected him with, "no, please don't apologize for this, you have been completely professional, understanding, and polite and i do understand that it's Barclay's policy but every lender follows their own analysis guidelines".
I didn't want him feeling disappointed that there wasn't something more he could done to win a new account for them.
Frankly, i now confirm that indeed Barclay's suck and do lean to making matters inconvenient for not only some card holders, but their own employees too.

The best part of this entire drama with Barclay's is that Chase accidently entered the picture Smiley Happy

LOL This is something I would do!  Sorry for the denial....Barclays is one of those !@#%%@#$%# to crack as it seems. Smiley Tongue

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

LoL Smiley Happy

The nice Chase lady was so very receptive and open that she took away all the apprehension ahead of having to try to appeal to Barclay's in useless appeal.
Message 5 of 14
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

LOL, Go chase Smiley Happy

Barclay is very hard to recon. They wont even give me a CLI unless my 6months hits.

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 6 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

YES! Chase is infinitely better then barkly's. Then again so is everyone else in direct comparison. Barclay's freak out waaaaay too much. Hard to believe they even compete in this business (if they even do) as timid as they are all the time.
Message 7 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear the 2nd attempt was futile, app for a Chase card you will prob get approved!

Message 8 of 14
Involver
Valued Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

Hopefully Barclay's doesn't AA me when they see my CSP and Discover IT report too, and then a car loan Smiley Wink. LOL oh well, if they do - forget them there's other lenders out there. As for me, I <3 Chase Smiley Happy

Yep keeping my fingers crossed as well, as I applied for another card the day before the Sallie Mae that hadn't reported yet.  I *think* I should be okay, as my AAoA is good with low util and no derogs, but you never know.

Message 9 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Like i said, and this is the impression they've left me with just app'ng a single low cap rewards card, that they are IMHO way too sensitive, but then again, their equally Risky Behavior already is since been confirmed as fact from many posts over n over again and still remains their legacy.

Yes they might have burned, or rather, i burned a wasted HP on them, it could have proved far more worse once they started micro-managing my apping practices because i'm on track to begin churning once i complete the rounds. So it's probably just as well.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.