Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfer Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Balance Transfer Card

Came here for the suggestions and help.  Looking for a nice balance transfer card.  I was looking at slate but found mixed reviews.  Any help?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Balance Transfer Card

hi there, depending on what your profile looks like, slate could be a good option. I have a slate card, I was approved for 4000 limit and did 2 balance transfers within the 60 window to avoid the fee. I paid the card off within 13 months, no interest or fees. No problems either. Its a pretty simple card, it offers no rewards. 

Depending on what your credit profile is like, citi could be good for. they offer longer b/t options like 21 months. What are you looking for?

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was looking at Chase.  Citi I didnt have any pre qual offers but was pre qual for slate.  Does it matter how many transfers I do?  I pretty much have 2k on a cap one thats coming up on the promo 0% offer, and 5k on BOA card thats already racking interest.  Moving and getting engaged takes a toll.  We both are working so paying wont be a problem, just want to avoid interest

Message 3 of 14
ddemari
Super Contributor

There isn't a limit to the amount of bts u can do on slate, as most cards the max amount of BTs can't exceed 15,000.00.

Do you have any chase cards? You are in the green in regards to 5/24 rule? You said they have an offer for
You, what's the apr?

Citi is pickier than Chase to me but if you scores are good in genral than you should be fine for citi.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

i currently have 4 cards, BOA opened may 14, QS and Freedom nov 15, and recently Amex ED April 16.  THe APR was 18.49 I think for the chase offer, but that shouldnt matter as Ill pay off whatever I need to before it hits.

Message 5 of 14
Lymin
New Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

hi there, depending on what your profile looks like, slate could be a good option. I have a slate card, I was approved for 4000 limit and did 2 balance transfers within the 60 window to avoid the fee. I paid the card off within 13 months, no interest or fees. No problems either. Its a pretty simple card, it offers no rewards. 

Depending on what your credit profile is like, citi could be good for. they offer longer b/t options like 21 months. What are you looking for?

Hi, I see that in your signature there is no Slate card, did you PC it to something else? If so, to what, and was it difficult to do so? I have the Slate right now and I know I can transfer my CL to my CSP, but I was hoping not to have to show a closed card. If I could PC the CL that would be much preferred to a CL transfer and close. 

Gardening since 8/13/2016

Message 6 of 14
Lymin
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Came here for the suggestions and help.  Looking for a nice balance transfer card.  I was looking at slate but found mixed reviews.  Any help?

I just got the Slate a month or so ago. I have had no problems with it thus far aside from the SL. I needed to transfer 4k and my SL was 2k.

The good, I have another Chase card so I just transfered enough CL to my Slate to be able to cover the transfer.

The bad, the limit still isn't high enough to allow for low util. and it sometimes takes a while for the balance to actually transfer so pay attention to your statement close and due dates. 

When you are looking for BT cards, keep in mind that you cannot BT within the same bank. ie Chase Freedom cannot BT to Chase Slate. Citi DC cannot BT to Citi Simplicity. 

I would all in all say Slate is a great card. I am pleased with it. It was what I needed to get through this very expensive summer. 

Gardening since 8/13/2016

Message 7 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

In my opinion the best card would be Barclay Ring card, which has no balance transfer fee, and only charges 8.25% interest at this point.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 8 of 14
ddemari
Super Contributor

@Lymin wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

Hi, I see that in your signature there is no Slate card, did you PC it to something else? If so, to what, and was it difficult to do so? I have the Slate right now and I know I can transfer my CL to my CSP, but I was hoping not to have to show a closed card. If I could PC the CL that would be much preferred to a CL transfer and close. 

I do have a slate card its sitting with a 0 balance, eventually i will close it and move the limit over to another card. most people dont have a hard time pc'ing the card as long as its 12 months old and has no balance for 30 days. 

Message 9 of 14
ddemari
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i currently have 4 cards, BOA opened may 14, QS and Freedom nov 15, and recently Amex ED April 16.  THe APR was 18.49 I think for the chase offer, but that shouldnt matter as Ill pay off whatever I need to before it hits.

should be good for a slate if the terms sound good to you. like i said, i had no problems with that card or chase in general. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.