cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfer Options

tag
mkb2

Re: Balance Transfer Options

Thanks for all the input. I think I'm going to wait 3 weeks when one of my inquires falls off and then go for it based on your advice(s). Plus I just paid off one card and it won't report that for another 2 weeks.

This crazy forum can be so helpful....it's all such a crazy game and it's good to have coaching when you play ball.

Message 11 of 14
mkb2

Re: "Find one that doesn't pull Experian..."

Any recommentations there? Chase or this Duck Card? Any idea which one they pull? My best score comes from Trans Union because they only have one of my two late payments from 2009.

Message 12 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@mkb2 wrote:

Re: "Find one that doesn't pull Experian..."

Any recommentations there? Chase or this Duck Card? Any idea which one they pull? My best score comes from Trans Union because they only have one of my two late payments from 2009.

Chase can pull EX and/or TU (can be a double pull, 1 on each).  The OCCU Beaver or Duck card pulls EQ.

Message 13 of 14
mkb2

Re: Balance Transfer Options UPDATE

FYI: I ended up waiting until one account  I had paid off posted and went with a Barclay's one year free balance transfer card. Some info:

1 - Barclay's pulled TransUnion, which is my highest score of over 750, a full 20-30 points higher than the others because they have one late payment ever instead of two (One of my cards doesn't report to them).

2 - My credit line ended up at $8500, which is $2500 more than the Citibank I just opened and mentioned in the first post.

3 - I know people are wondering if you get more or less credit line if you fill out in advance which cards you are paying off. I DID fill that out and those totalled about $3700. Not sure how that affected my total credit line but my hunch is they approved a higher line because I was up front asking them to pay off other cards. I'll let people with more expertise comment on this hypothesis.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.