Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfer Question - Chase Freedom

tag
IWOL
Established Contributor

Balance Transfer Question - Chase Freedom

My wonderful girlfriend who has a stellar credit score over 800 agreed to open a  new credit card so that I could transfer the balance on one of my very high interest(23.99%) cards. The total balance to transfer is $6000 and I plan to pay it off before the end of the 15 months.

She applied online for the Chase Freedom as they offer a 0% interest balance transfers for 15 months. My question is will they do a balance transfer from one of my credit cards since it is obviously in a different name? It said on the approval that they will contact her within 10 days regarding the balance transfer.

When she applied online it asked for the account numbers and amounts to be transferred so she put my credit card info in there. She got an instant approval but it didint say what the limit will be. What is the usual limit on the Freedom Card?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Balance Transfer Question - Chase Freedom

it depends on her other cards! and her cr's 

when i apped for mine i wanted to bt a balance of 1200 but then only got approved for 500 (probably due to high util) and the fact i only have store cards which they dont consider. 

another poster on here has a 20k limit freedom. 

imo thought the slate is the better chase bt card. 

but you do get the 5% rewards with the freedom. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.