Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfer Question On New Cards

tag
RSCo
Established Contributor

Balance Transfer Question On New Cards

So I have a question.. If you do a balance transfer on a newly aquired card THAT HAS NOT YET appeared on your credit report, when it does appear for the first time, will the balance transfer amount also be reported?

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Balance Transfer Question On New Cards

That depends...if the balance transfer is approved and moved onto the card by the time the card reports (say, after the first statement posts), then yes, it will be reported.

Message 2 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

That depends...if the balance transfer is approved and moved onto the card by the time the card reports (say, after the first statement posts), then yes, it will be reported

Also depends on who the creditor is, a large BT and trigger a mid-cycle report sometimes.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 5
RSCo
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

That depends...if the balance transfer is approved and moved onto the card by the time the card reports (say, after the first statement posts), then yes, it will be reported

Also depends on who the creditor is, a large BT and trigger a mid-cycle report sometimes.

ahhh... it's chase.. the accout docs they sent me says my next payment date is 4/4/2013 and I want to move over 2k from a card that reports to the credit agencies on 3/3/2013.. This will make my credit profile look like I paid down 2k in debt UNTIL that 2k appears on my chase card..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 4 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

ahhh... it's chase.. the accout docs they sent me says my next payment date is 4/4/2013 and I want to move over 2k from a card that reports to the credit agencies on 3/3/2013.. This will make my credit profile look like I paid down 2k in debt UNTIL that 2k appears on my chase card..

I wouldn't get wrapped up in the BT game too much, I would focus more on trying to clear the debt slowly. Also most of time your paying in some form to do a BT usually in the form of a flat fee.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.