Valued Member
Kyzmet

Balance Transfer Question

Ok, this is probably my dumbest question to date but how does one go about doing a balance transfer please? Do I just pay off one card using another or is there an actual balance transfer process to follow? Can it be done online or do I need to call someone?  Sorry, never done this before and I'm feeling out of my depth with it!

:smileyhappy:

TransUnion 684
Equifax 658
Experian 678
Never Too Late ~ Never Give Up
Established Contributor
Chopbrocoli

Re: Balance Transfer Question

Hi there, there is a particular simple process you would need to follow. Just call your new creditor and give them the account number, card issuer's name, and the amount in which you want transfered. What will happen is your new creditor will process your request and send your old creditor a check for the requested amount transfered (Takes usually about 4 weeks). You should see in your statements that the balance transfer was completed as well as the appropriate balance transfer interest rate being applied. Hope that helps!
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}