Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfer, Should I ?

tag
movinonup

Balance Transfer, Should I ?

Hello Everyone:
Ive been reading for a while now and Im trying to improve my Scores, My question is I currently have a 4000 balance on a 5500 Credit Limit, I also have another CC with 0 Bal and a 1500 CL, should I transfer 750 from card 1 to card 2. I have a 0% offer for the first 6 months on BT. I am also in good position to pay 750 per month toward both CC's. Im just trying to get the most mileage out of my Fico Score.
As a side note since finding My Fico, my Fico Scores have gone up over 64 points.
10/07 EQ Fico 561
3/16/18 EQ Fico 625

You guys are great, Thanks for your help, any advise will be appreciated.

By the way, this is my first time posting, hopefully its in the right spot.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Balance Transfer, Should I ?

Hi movinonup! Welcome to the forum! Smiley Happy Great score rises in a short period of time too.

IMO you should do that BT asap. That $4k balance is hurting your FICO score big time. The quicker you can get it down below 50% the better!
Message 2 of 8
movinonup

Thank you so much for your quick response. I will take your advise
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

movin are there any BT fees? If not, go for it! If so, you might want to consider or look at more closely base your decision on how fast you need improved scores...good luck!
Message 4 of 8
movinonup

Thank You Pjriverap, There are no fees whatsoever
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on whether or not you actually intend to use hte card.  If so, and the transfer is at a special rate, I wouldn't do it.  Any additional charges you pout on  will be paid last and you'll wind up paying interest on the higher rate until you pay the off.
Message 6 of 8
movinonup

Thank You Brammy, No I dont foresee using the card until the BT is paid off,

Message 7 of 8
movinonup

Good news I think?
Just called Cap 1 ,  I used back door # 8775139959, I received a 500 increase, new CL is 2000, I also transfered 1000 to it from HSBC.
My total available credit is 7700 on all cards          total debt           4000
                                          5500 Hsbc                       4000 down to 3000
                                          2000 Cap 1                           0     up   to 1000
                                          200 Target Guest                  0

Also called HSBC and received apr of 9.99 + prime instead of 14.99 + prime
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.