Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfer To Checking Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Balance Transfer To Checking Account

NFCU is offering a 12 month 0% apr promo for all new GO rewards applicants who do balance transfers. Has anyone ever done a bt from NFCU CC to your usaa checking account? If so, what is the process and what info should I input on the BT request? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Balance Transfer To Checking Account

@Anonymous wrote:

NFCU is offering a 12 month 0% apr promo for all new GO rewards applicants who do balance transfers. Has anyone ever done a bt from NFCU CC to your usaa checking account? If so, what is the process and what info should I input on the BT request? Thanks in advance!

There was a thread a while back where there was a lot of discussion on this very thing, only it was specific to a Chase Slate card.

The consensus then was that if you got it to actually work, great - and some folks did - but if anything were to go wrong with the crediting of the funds you might have issues, since the "Balance Transfer" feature (and promotion) is designed to do just that... transfer a balance, not be credited to a DDA account.

If the promotion actually requires a 'true' balance transfer (and an access check isn't an option), some folks have been successful with sending a 'transfer' to a card that is already PIF to create a credit balance.  In most cases (with some exceptions) the receiving card will see the incoming funds as a 'payment', and after it's credited you can request a credit balance refund.  Some folks have reported being successful with this as well.

I'm sure lots of other folks will chime in shortly; possibly some of them will have experience specific to NFCU.  If it were me, though, I would see if NFCU had the option to send an access check instead.  If they will, you can simply write a check to yourself and deposit it to your checking account.  Otherwise, IMO, it comes down to how badly you need the funds, and you own personal risk tolerance for the headache that could be caused if you use a 'work around' and something goes wrong.

Edit:  darn typo

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.