cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfer and reporting to the credit bureaus...

tag
Devastator
Established Member

Balance Transfer and reporting to the credit bureaus...

Hi:  Requested a balance transfer to my credit union from several credit card accounts.  They cut checks to do so, mailed out mid-July.  All transfers were made, but for some reason Capital One hasn't received theirs or cashed it in yet. 

So now I'm paying a balance on capital one AND the credit union, I'm double paying. 

Both statements have cut and the balance is showing on the Credit Union visa, but it's also on the Capital One MC. 

The balance transfer check was sent to a Richmond PO box for cap1 (but apparently on my statement, even though Cap1 does have a richmond PO box, payments usually go to NC).   How can I get the credit union and capital one to resolve this so that I'm not paying double on the same charge? 

Also to the credit bureau's it looks like I have a double balance as the new balance (the balance transfer) is reporting on the Credit Union Visa as a balance, yet it's also still remaining on my Capital One MC account.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Re: Balance Transfer and reporting to the credit bureaus...

My CU doesn't start to charge me on the balance until the check has been cashed. I would talk to a manager.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 2 of 3
Pvnolgrch
Established Member

Re: Balance Transfer and reporting to the credit bureaus...

What Credit Union are you using thats showing the balance on it already, if you don't mind me asking.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.