Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfer from AMEX PRG to Amex BCE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Balance Transfer from AMEX PRG to Amex BCE

Guys, I was wondering if this is ok to do:

I got approved for the PRG 50K from Amex, as well as BCE.

If I charge $1000 on the Amex PRG (to get the 50K rewards point), am I then able to transfer the $1K from the charge card to Amex BCE immediately, with no fees or penalty or issues?

Or si there a caveat, that I am not aware of, lol

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Balance Transfer from AMEX PRG to Amex BCE

Don't know if it's possible to BT from the same bank since Amex would essentially be paying themselves in a sense. But I'll give this a bump for someone more knowledgeable and experienced to chime in.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe any balance transfers don't qualify as spending, if you are looking for the balance transfer to get the bonus on the BCE.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd chat w/ Amex about this, but I cannot imagine the balance transfer, if it's possible, would be fee free.

Why not just spend $11-12 a day and pay it every couple of weeks? You have 90 days to spend the $1,000, and would need to merely spend $11.11 a day to make it.

Message 4 of 6
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

You wouldn't be able to transfer form one Amex to another. Banks don't transfer from their own products to another. You could transfer your prg balance to another lenders card.

As for fees the only way to avoid the transfer fee is if your card has a 0% transfer fee.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Skye12329 wrote:
You wouldn't be able to transfer form one Amex to another. Banks don't transfer from their own products to another. You could transfer your prg balance to another lenders card.

As for fees the only way to avoid the transfer fee is if your card has a 0% transfer fee.

Correct.  Can't  be done from one card to another within same creditor.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.