Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfer help

tag
pat0812
Regular Contributor

Balance Transfer help

I have around 50K CL on all my accounts together

I have only one debt of $5500 to AMEX and this month APR is starting for me so I had to apply for a 0% APR BT card.

I applied for chase slate and got $5000 so that was not enough so I applied for CITI SIMPLICITY and got $10,750

Now I'm wondering how much I should transfer to each.

I was thinking moving all to CITI is maybe better so on the chase card I  could have a 0 balance ( i know citi has 3% BT fee but this is not an issue for me )

I want in the future to try to get a CLI on chase so would it be better to keep it on 0 ?

Which one of Chase and Citi is more easy to get CLI ?

What would you do in my situation ?

FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
scorewatcher7
Valued Member

Re: Balance Transfer help

If it were I, I would move it all to Citi and run $0 on all other cards. Pretty sure most cards have that 3% xfer fee. I know on a regular basis my wife and I both get CLI fairly simply with Chase (though Sapphire cards)

Message 2 of 3
Lyythine
Established Contributor

Re: Balance Transfer help

IMHO, get the debt away from Amex - your plan sounds good, just make sure the BT is more than $11... Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.