Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎04-01-2013
0

Balance Transfer time

Hey you guys,

 

How long do balance transfers take to process?????? I started a process to BT from my Crap1 to my shiny new Chase Freedom started it on 3/31 and it is still processing and my balance has not changed on my cards

Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,526
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Balance Transfer time


Rackham94 wrote:

Hey you guys,

 

How long do balance transfers take to process?????? I started a process to BT from my Crap1 to my shiny new Chase Freedom started it on 3/31 and it is still processing and my balance has not changed on my cards


Well although electronic most times, might want to give it more than 5 business days!

Make sure to make your payments if you are due within the next week.

You will probably see the balance show up on new card before you see the payment clear.

I may have left the garden 06/20/2016 Smiley Tongue
Partner Joined Garden 04/11/2016
Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎04-01-2013
0

Re: Balance Transfer time

well my min payment is 0 on my high interest cards no payment is due but i do have a balance on them dont know whats that called
Senior Contributor
Posts: 6,279
Registered: ‎08-16-2012
0

Re: Balance Transfer time

You better make sure you don't owe a min pmt imo...
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Regular Contributor
Posts: 209
Registered: ‎01-26-2013
0

Re: Balance Transfer time


Rackham94 wrote:
well my min payment is 0 on my high interest cards no payment is due but i do have a balance on them dont know whats that called

My BT wasn't through Chase, but I did one through Discover when I got approved for their IT card. It took about 4 weeks or equivalent to one statement before the BT cleared. It'll probably take around the same time for you.

 

Make sure you call the creditor to ensure that they actually received the BT payment from Chase . If you have any minimum payments that are due this month from the creditor(s) whose balance you are transferring over to Chase, make sure to just pay that so you don't risk missing the due date and get a 30 day late on your CR. If you overpay, they will usually refund you the overpayment.

Discover IT: $19k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $8,4k | Citi DC: $5,9k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Sallie Mae: $8k | US Bank Cash+: $5k | Chevron: $3,5k | Macy's Amex $4,2k | Kohl's: $3k
Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎04-01-2013
0

Re: Balance Transfer time


jakemod1 wrote:

Rackham94 wrote:
well my min payment is 0 on my high interest cards no payment is due but i do have a balance on them dont know whats that called

My BT wasn't through Chase, but I did one through Discover when I got approved for their IT card. It took about 4 weeks or equivalent to one statement before the BT cleared. It'll probably take around the same time for you.

 

Make sure you call the creditor to ensure that they actually received the BT payment from Chase . If you have any minimum payments that are due this month from the creditor(s) whose balance you are transferring over to Chase, make sure to just pay that so you don't risk missing the due date and get a 30 day late on your CR. If you overpay, they will usually refund you the overpayment.


Very helpful thank you! I have a balance but no payment is due this bill but I have payment schedule to bring the balance down but they actual BT will zero out the credit card accs.. will I accrue interest in the meantime?

Regular Contributor
Posts: 209
Registered: ‎01-26-2013
0

Re: Balance Transfer time

Will you accrue interest on the BT? No, Chase won't start charging you interest until after your 0% APR promo expires. That is, if you have got a 0% promo offer when you got approved for your card.

 

If you are talking about your Cap1 account, then it depends on when your statement cuts. If your BT doesn't clear and your statement closes and you carry a balance over to your next statement period, then Cap1 will charge you interest.

Discover IT: $19k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $8,4k | Citi DC: $5,9k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Sallie Mae: $8k | US Bank Cash+: $5k | Chevron: $3,5k | Macy's Amex $4,2k | Kohl's: $3k
Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎04-01-2013
0

Re: Balance Transfer time

I was talking about Cap1 yes. Thanks for the answer!

 

So this statement balance is 7.37 I paid on the due date 7.37. The min amt due by 4/9 is 0.00 what my Cap1 says. I have a balance of 400.00 I am transferring 300 to Chase Freedom and scheduled a payment for 4/9 of 100.00. The BT will not process by 4/9 so I will accure interest on a balance of 300 ?

Regular Contributor
Posts: 209
Registered: ‎01-26-2013
0

Re: Balance Transfer time


Rackham94 wrote:

I was talking about Cap1 yes. Thanks for the answer!

 

So this statement balance is 7.37 I paid on the due date 7.37. The min amt due by 4/9 is 0.00 what my Cap1 says. I have a balance of 400.00 I am transferring 300 to Chase Freedom and scheduled a payment for 4/9 of 100.00. The BT will not process by 4/9 so I will accure interest on a balance of 300 ?


Do you know when your statement closes? If you look at your statement, it will tell you the start and end date of your billing cycle. If you carry that $300 over to your next statement period, then yes they will charge you interest.

Discover IT: $19k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $8,4k | Citi DC: $5,9k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Sallie Mae: $8k | US Bank Cash+: $5k | Chevron: $3,5k | Macy's Amex $4,2k | Kohl's: $3k
Super Contributor
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: Balance Transfer time

yes you might accrue residual interests so make sure you keep checking your capitalone statements even after the account is closed.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.