Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfer vs. actual charges to CC

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

Balance Transfer vs. actual charges to CC

This may have already been asked but I couldn't find this question in the forums.

I understand some cards like to see usage for instance Discover card is like that.  When you request a CLI they sometimes look for usage and balance.   If I do a balance transfer to my discover card and not use the card otherwise just to pay it down is that still considered usage? Or is it everytime the card is swiped?  

I just don't want to neglect my new cards Smiley Happy

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Balance Transfer vs. actual charges to CC

Don't assume that you need to carry a balance or even make a balance transfer to become eligible for a CLI. I've gotten a CLI on cards I've never used.
Message 2 of 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Balance Transfer vs. actual charges to CC

@glamchick wrote:

This may have already been asked but I couldn't find this question in the forums.

I understand some cards like to see usage for instance Discover card is like that.  When you request a CLI they sometimes look for usage and balance.   If I do a balance transfer to my discover card and not use the card otherwise just to pay it down is that still considered usage? Or is it everytime the card is swiped?  

I just don't want to neglect my new cards Smiley Happy

Usage = using the lenders money they don't care how you use it  just that it's used and paid back 

They'll make their money from either interest and swipe fees 

PIF and their stuck with swipe fees alone 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.