cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfer

tag
ronnie80

Balance Transfer

I'm an authorized user on my fiancés Amex blue and also an authorized user in my dads Citibank card and want to do a balance transfer from the Amex to the Citicard... is this possible since the Amex is under my fiancé and the Citibank is under my dad? (And neither of them are on each other's cards)

The reason being is because she has a high balance and we're trying to raise her credit score, and my dad's Citicard has 0% transfer interest for 12 months, we will pay it off within the 12 months. I know there's a transfer fee and that's ok.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: Balance Transfer

Assuming that both of them are in agreement with this, you would probably need to use a BT check from Citi, put it in the girlfriends bank account and have her pay off the AMEX from there.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.