Regular Contributor
BP2003

Balance Transfers and Creditor relationships

I have always been curious as to how any given credit card company feels about you transfering a balance off of their card.  When the payment from credit card company A goes to the credit card company B (with the balance that is being transfered), does credit card company B see it is some "special" transfer payment or do they see it as a traditional payment?

Is there anything negative that card company B would notate regarding transfering a balance that could prevent future CLIs or product upgrades?  Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

***From ashy to classy***
Regular Contributor
amp0804

Re: Balance Transfers and Creditor relationships

I have always wondered the same thing myself. That's why when I did a balance transfer on my Citi card

I chose the option for a check made out to myself and just deposited it and paid the cards through my account.

Super Contributor
DI

Re: Balance Transfers and Creditor relationships

Banks have no problem receiving BT's to and from eachother.  They win some and they lose some.  Either way they're making money...expecially since BT fees are as high as 5%.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}