Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfers and Creditor relationships

tag
BP2003
Regular Contributor

Balance Transfers and Creditor relationships

I have always been curious as to how any given credit card company feels about you transfering a balance off of their card.  When the payment from credit card company A goes to the credit card company B (with the balance that is being transfered), does credit card company B see it is some "special" transfer payment or do they see it as a traditional payment?

Is there anything negative that card company B would notate regarding transfering a balance that could prevent future CLIs or product upgrades?  Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

***From ashy to classy***
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
amp0804
Regular Contributor

Re: Balance Transfers and Creditor relationships

I have always wondered the same thing myself. That's why when I did a balance transfer on my Citi card

I chose the option for a check made out to myself and just deposited it and paid the cards through my account.

Message 2 of 3
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Balance Transfers and Creditor relationships

Banks have no problem receiving BT's to and from eachother.  They win some and they lose some.  Either way they're making money...expecially since BT fees are as high as 5%.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.