cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfers - how long does it take?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Balance Transfers - how long does it take?

I recently did 2 balance transfers to my new Capital One Spark Business card, and the capital one guy said they were both approved, and I see that they both showed up on my capital one card (the available credit went down on capital one).

But on my two cards I'm transfering from, the balances are still the same. How long does it take for the cards you're transfering from to reflect the balance transfers? And should I continue to make the minimum payments on those cards?

I did the transfers about 3 days ago.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Re: Balance Transfers - how long does it take?

We just came off a holiday weekend.  In fact, many places are not up and running today.  You should give it a few more days.  If your minimum payment is due in the next few days, you should not rely on the transfer to pay it off  - make your payment - the worst that could happen is that you'd be issued a refund if the payment turns out to be double-paid.

Established Contributor

Cap1 is usually really quick if they other card company is set up to take electronic payments. I see mine in about 3-4 days usually at the max. But with it being the holiday weekend, you may have to wait a litttle longer.

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 3 of 5
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

I'd say 3-5 business days is the norm but as mentioned, it depends on if the other bank accepts electronic payments.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea they do accept electronic payments. I'll wait a couple more days since we are coming off a holiday weekend, and a lot of banks aren't open today.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.