Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfers w/ Chase

tag
anderl
Frequent Contributor

Balance Transfers w/ Chase

OK-so I recently received a Chase World MC and Visa Signature CC-I've found out through this forum that most World and Signature CC's do not report the CL but the balance owed w/no CL at first and from then on your highest ever paid balance-I am at 29% on my utilities(58K in Total CL's w/16.8k in Total Balances) and am in the "getting my utilities under 10% in 6mnths" mode-my thought was to Balance transfer say 4k to my Chase MC(CL=5K,Balance = $400)-let the balance report-pay 2.5k this month a little before the due date-1k the next mnth-and the rest the third mnth-how would this work exactly?-After the first 2.5k payment ,would the info reported to the CB'S read that my CL=2.5k and Balance=1.5k for the first mnth-CL=3.5k and Balance=$500 the second mnth-and CL=4k w/ Balance=0 the third mnth w/4k CL being reported thereafter as my CL?  I've also read on these forums that Chase doesn't really care for BT's and that in the past they reduced CL'S when a Balance Transfer was made- Also are BT's in general frowned upon-like I said the only reason why I want to make a BT to my Chase MC is so I can have a CL=4k factored into my Credit Reports(and it also lower APR@13.24%- I also received a Platinum Visa (CL=15k)from Addison w/I believe no fee and 3.99% for the first 12mnths on a BT since I'm a new Platinum Cardholder - I want to put 4k on this card just to put some activity on the card and to take advantage of the offer and uave it paid in 6mnths-Any info/input/advice is greatly appreciated-ThanksSmiley Wink

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.