cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance goes down $45, MyFICO goes up 19pts.????

tag
keithB
Established Contributor

Balance goes down $45, MyFICO goes up 19pts.????

My big $45 balance of my Secured Capital One card was paid off and today MyFICO sends me an alert that my credit score has changed 19 points because of it.  Does this sound right or is there more going on behind the scenes that I don't know about?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Balance goes down $45, MyFICO goes up 19pts.????

@keithB wrote:

My big $45 balance of my Secured Capital One card was paid off and today MyFICO sends me an alert that my credit score has changed 19 points because of it.  Does this sound right or is there more going on behind the scenes that I don't know about?

If your balance was paid off today the alert you received was for another change in your CR.  The alert should state the reason for the change. 

Message 2 of 9
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

how many cards do you have and what are the limits....util of 27% vs 0% has no offect on my fico

Message 3 of 9
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@keithB wrote:

Changed 19 points better, or 19 points worse?

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 4 of 9
keithB
Established Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@keithB wrote:

Changed 19 points better, or 19 points worse?

Sorry for confusion... 19 pts. for the better - 727 now vs 707 previous.

Message 5 of 9
keithB
Established Contributor

Not much credit yet...

Capital One Secured $250

Sam's Club $1500

Discover $1500

USAA Visa (not activated yet) $7000

@juggalo9er wrote:

how many cards do you have and what are the limits....util of 27% vs 0% has no offect on my fico

Message 6 of 9
keithB
Established Contributor

Alert stated that the reason was the $45 pay off of my Capital One balance =/

@09Lexie wrote:

@keithB wrote:

If your balance was paid off today the alert you received was for another change in your CR.  The alert should state the reason for the change. 

Message 7 of 9
Bman70
Established Contributor

@keithB wrote:

Not much credit yet...

Capital One Secured $250

Sam's Club $1500

Discover $1500

@juggalo9er wrote:

If you didn't activate the USAA card yet, it's possible that the new credit line just reported, increasing your available credit by $7000. This would drop your utilization possibly enough to give 19 point jump. Mine did after a new card.

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 8 of 9
keithB
Established Contributor

Ahh, okay... this makes sense. Thank you!

@Bman70 wrote:

@keithB wrote:

Not much credit yet...

Capital One Secured $250

Sam's Club $1500

Discover $1500

@juggalo9er wrote:

If you didn't activate the USAA card yet, it's possible that the new credit line just reported, increasing your available credit by $7000. This would drop your utilization possibly enough to give 19 point jump. Mine did after a new card.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.