Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance transfer RULES ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Balance transfer RULES ??

Hey all.  I was just wondering if I would be able to use my personal card to balance transfer (pay off) my partner's card?  He is authorized user on my account, but the account being soley in my name, I dont want the receiving bank to raise any flags or deny it.  Does the receiving bank even get the account holder's info (like name etc) or just accept payments?  Does the outgoing bank (in this question my own) care where or whose card the payment is going to ?  It's CapOne on my end

Just wanna make sure it all goes through!  Thank you Credit kings!!!

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Balance transfer RULES ??

You should be able to do it. 

Message 2 of 10
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

My preference would be to just use a BT check and deposit in your checking account if thats available.  Then you can do whatever.

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 3 of 10
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

You should be okay.  I've done it many times with CapOne and PenFed with my wife's card and she's not on my PenFed cards.  Payment goes through with no problem.  

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will not be a problem.

Message 5 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all.  I was just wondering if I would be able to use my personal card to balance transfer (pay off) my partner's card?  He is authorized user on my account, but the account being soley in my name, I dont want the receiving bank to raise any flags or deny it.  Does the receiving bank even get the account holder's info (like name etc) or just accept payments?  Does the outgoing bank (in this question my own) care where or whose card the payment is going to ?  It's CapOne on my end

Just wanna make sure it all goes through!  Thank you Credit kings!!!

No problem, I pay other people's accounts all the time, often with balance transfer checks.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I've helped relatives do 'balance shuffles' before (using my card to pay off theirs, and vice-versa) and there's no problem at all.

In all cases the receiving card treated the transfer like any other incoming payment, and the sending card only needed the account number (and occasionally the address) of where to send the money... they never even asked the name on the other account.

You'll be fine!  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should be perfectly fine. You can also ask your credit card company for convenient checks. Some banks even offer to direct deposit the money to your account so you can do whatever you choose to do with it

Message 8 of 10
Aahz
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

No problem, I pay other people's accounts all the time, often with balance transfer checks.

Where do I sign up for the SouthJamaica balance trasfer program?

Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will work. My partner has BT'd to me many times and I am not on his accounts. Same with me to him.

Both have used CapOne as well to do this and it has never been an issue.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.