Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance transfer cc questions

tag
pamsue
Established Member

Balance transfer cc questions

I am thinking of consolidating some of my cc with a 0% interest for 12-15 mos credit card. My fico score is 772 but my cc utilization is somewhere around 49%. I have no derogatory remarks or late payments. What do you think my chances of being approved for $5000 would be, and is this a good way to pay down credit? I am only interested in paying off all of my cc and have been doing the Dave Ramsey plan but am looking for anything that can speed up the process.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Re: Balance transfer cc questions

well, its depends on your income and past credit history, as well as your other CLs. Your best bet is to go with Amex or Chase slate, both of them have 0% on balance transfer

Message 2 of 7
pamsue
Established Member

My income is $31,000. My cards are: BOA bal 6700 cl 7000, Amazon bal 293 cl 3600, home dep bal 586 cl 3700, care credit bal 2261 cl 4000, hsb (cap on) bal 1700 cl 3600, juniper bal 1480 cl 1500. I have good credit history with established accounts for a very long time. 

Message 3 of 7
bigbang91
Established Contributor

then yes i say you probably get CL you needed, after applied, call backdoor number for chase or amex or.. for faster and generally higher CL

Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

check pre-qual for Chase and citi on the website... preferrably you get Chase Slate just because it has no bt fee for any bt's you do in first 60 days.... but either chase or citi probably give you the most credit line.

Message 5 of 7
pamsue
Established Member

Don't mean to sound stupid but what do you mean by call the back door number?
Message 6 of 7
bigbang91
Established Contributor

that's the direct phone number of the bank's credit department. You will get to talk directly to CR who will be much more helpful than you lets the computer decide whether you qualify or not. There is a big pin thread when you click in the Credit card tab, at top of page.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.