Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance transfer question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Balance transfer question

when i spoke with discover about cancelling the card they said it was already reported

Message 11 of 13
BornSupercharged
New Contributor

You have all the information you need to make a decision. The only person it affects is you, so think about your goals and proceed as you see fit. 

Just know 99% of us on this forum would say to keep the card open, do the BT to save yourself money, and be happy you have 3 cards and that you got in with Discover. 

Message 12 of 13
Sevenfeet
Regular Contributor

I was in a similar situation...a small number of cards but a good CL total and one of those cards was the Amex Plat.  But I wanted a new 0% card in order to burn down some of the debt other cards over 18 months.  I seriously considered the Discover IT and the Citi Diamond Preferred before coming to the Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa.  It would allow the 0%/18 month balance transfer metric I needed and as a bonus, it would be the go to reward card for gas and groceries.  Best of all, they asked me during the phone application process, "how much did I want to transfer?". I told them I needed to be considered for a CL of 28k.  A day later they asked for income verification (easy) and I was approved two days after that.  It was a much better process than playing the lottery over at Discover and not getting a chance of saying how much I truly needed out of the gate.

If you decide to apply for another card, I'd still keep the Discover...nice rewards and shopping choices with that one.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.