New Contributor
hunting_bears

Balance transfer question

Hey,

Can I transfer the balance of a personal loan onto a CC through a balance transfer or is that strictly for CCs?
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Balance transfer question

you can... just give the address and account number just the same.
you can even pay a person with balance transfers
Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 686 Prosper(10-30-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Moderator Emeritus
fused

hunting_bears wrote:
Hey,

Can I transfer the balance of a personal loan onto a CC through a balance transfer or is that strictly for CCs?

Why are you considering this??
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Valued Contributor
SmartCookie

If it will save you money, you can pay just about anyone and anything with a BT.  If not directly, the majority of CCCs will know how to 'issue it as a check' which means the same terms, but they will deposit it into you checking account as your own cash.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}