Valued Contributor
tcbofade

Balance transfer questions...

I've got at least a week to figure this out, so no hurry...

Just got approved for a BofA 123 card with 0 percent for 12 months on purchases AND BT's.

Just got to the point where NO card is maxed out, although a few are still reporting that way.

Should I use the 0 percent BT's to completely pay off four or five "lesser" cards, or use smaller BT's to bring down utilization across the board?

Current Scores: EX 676 (FCR) TU08: 648 Wally (TU08). 07/01/14 Last app 05/29/2014.
Gardening until 01 November 2014.
(Thou shalt not app, thou shalt not app, thou shalt not app...)
Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Frequent Contributor
pt310

Re: Balance transfer questions...

If it were me, I'd pay off either as many as I can, or the highest rates, if that's different

In the Garden since 7/3/13
Latest Scores: 749 EQ MyFico 8/5/13 | 766 TU Wally Aug '13 | 732 CK Fako 8/7/13 | 776 CS Fako 8/6/13
Goal: 780+ and my own house by next summer!
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

tcbofade wrote:

I've got at least a week to figure this out, so no hurry...

Just got approved for a BofA 123 card with 0 percent for 12 months on purchases AND BT's.

Just got to the point where NO card is maxed out, although a few are still reporting that way.

Should I use the 0 percent BT's to completely pay off four or five "lesser" cards, or use smaller BT's to bring down utilization across the board?

Cough cough...since your gardening pay off the smaller one's and then work on what's left..UTL won't be a problem while gardening...Keeps you out of trouble:smileylol:

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Valued Member
slick_shoes_182

Typically, with a BT you pay some transaction fee upfront (2 to 4% depending on the offer). If you're going to pay off the balances very soon, maybe the "(High Interest Rate) / (Time to Pay off)" is less than the transaction fee. If that's the case then feel free to skip the offer. If you can't pay off everything in the near term, then of course I would say save the money.. transfer the highest APR first. Pay off highest APR first.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+