Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance transfer?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Balance transfer?

I have a card with about 2k balance... should I apply for a new card and take advantage of no interest? My fico score is roughly 722. Capture55.PNG

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Balance transfer?

You could but essentialy we know nothing about your current profile and situation beyond your score. Its hard to offer solid advice based soley on the info given. Do you have the money to pay it back now.? Do you actually need another credit card? Does any of your other cards offer bt options?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a card with about 2k balance... should I apply for a new card and take advantage of no interest? My fico score is roughly 722. Capture55.PNG

No.  If you have no other means to pay this in full, or move it to another card for a few months, you have bigger fish to fry.  Get established with a credit union that has a card with low/no BT fees and single digit fixed interest.   Also make sure you have at least 6 months of an emergency fund (ideally 1 yr), and have a high yield checking account that pays you 3-5% interest on your balance.

The amount of interest you would pay on this is not worth the hard inquiry. At least to me.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. Good enough for me Smiley Happy Yeah, I could pay it off in a few months, I just wasn't sure.  Also, PROBABLY better to minimize the hard pulls. Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also in the same position, but my scores range in the lower 600's, and i had a bankruptcy ch. 7 discharge 2 years ago. What balance transfer cards would be good for me? Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.