Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banana Republic Upgrade to Visa???

tag
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Re: Banana Republic Upgrade to Visa???

Congrats, I think it's worth the new account. You no longer have a charge card and you'll get a higher CL with no HP. I upgraded to an ON Visa back in December and I love it. The $4K credit limit is nice too.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry to drag up an old thread

does upgrading give you the benefits of opening up the visa account ($30 reward first time you use the card outside of gap stores)

Message 12 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Do it!!!!

I upgraded back in Nov of 2011 with a CL of $3k, and now I have a $7,000 limit.

Be careful of the APR though... don't carry a balance.. the APR is 23.99%.

no hp, will affect aaoa, but will be marked as transferred on your credit report, and the old account will be closed. It's actually a great card to have :-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 16
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

When I logged I. This morning and accepted the upgrade, it says for me to spend outside of the network and i get the 30.00 rewards. I'm excited for that.

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 14 of 16
Juan123
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

sorry to drag up an old thread

does upgrading give you the benefits of opening up the visa account ($30 reward first time you use the card outside of gap stores)

mine says (old navy card) spend any money outside oldnavy and get a $30 reward card.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 15 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

They also do 3x or 4x point promos on ANY purchases sometimes... I usually get emails or flyers in the mail.. so watch for those... I've redeemed like $90 worth of rewards this year...

there's an online thing that even shows how much money you've saved as a result of rewards... lol :-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.