Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banana Republic approval

tag
FabulousDtheBruin
New Contributor

Re: Banana Republic approval

YES!  I got approved for the Clear, Delta, and Green all in one day---2K, 2K, and NPSL respectively.  

My EX pull was 696 w/ like 15% UTIL, and like 8 Inq., and four new accounts within the last three months!  Awesome, huh?  

0% APR on the Clear for 12 months! Yayayay--guess who's going to the UK this summer after my 3X CLI?!? 

UPDATE: Got appoved for Paypal Extras--1K. Smiley Sad Going to call right now for recon. 

AmEx BCE - 2K, Clear from AmEx - 2K, Bank of America Travel Rewards - 10K, Chase Freedom - 4.3K, U.S. Bank College Visa - $600, Discover More Card - 7K, Citi Dividend Card for Students - 2.1K, Barclay Rewards MC-2.5K, Macys Red Card-1.8K, Bank of America AmEx-15K, Banana Republic Visa-2.5K, Chase CSP-10K, Chase Saphire-5K,
Message 21 of 34
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

Fabulous, I can't say for sure, but in my experience, GE doesn't seem too inquiry sensitive. In my case, they ran TU when I applied for Wal-Mart, Banana Republic, and TJ Maxx. I opened the first account six months earlier and then two on the same day. The last application was still approved, but I had to call in to verify some information first and my credit limit wasn't as high (just 800), although I did get the Mastercard version of that as well. Hope that helps.

EX 695, EQ 703, TU 681 (1/17)
Message 22 of 34
FabulousDtheBruin
New Contributor

Thank you, SFernandez! Smiley Happy

I app'd for the PayPal MC and Gap Visa--and they approved me for the PayPal MC w/ $1K. Smiley Sad  And the Gap...they only wanna give me the store card! Smiley Sad

So...what should I do??

AmEx BCE - 2K, Clear from AmEx - 2K, Bank of America Travel Rewards - 10K, Chase Freedom - 4.3K, U.S. Bank College Visa - $600, Discover More Card - 7K, Citi Dividend Card for Students - 2.1K, Barclay Rewards MC-2.5K, Macys Red Card-1.8K, Bank of America AmEx-15K, Banana Republic Visa-2.5K, Chase CSP-10K, Chase Saphire-5K,
Message 23 of 34
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats Fabulous!!!!!
Call GE credit and get that Paypal MC upped!!

I stilllll want that Clear!!!

Good luck!!:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 24 of 34
FabulousDtheBruin
New Contributor

Thank Youngandcreditworthy! Smiley Happy

OMG...okay, so I need to go in the garden.  With the rate that I'm going...AmEx will not approve my 3X CLI in a month when I request.

When they SP, do they see my new inquiries? Smiley Sad  I'm embarrased to say how many there is...it's so addicting--you get a high off of the approvals---ugh, bad Derek, bad!! Smiley Sad

Message 25 of 34
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@Sfernandez you got the TJMAXX MASTERCARD wiith a 800 CL!?!?! What did your profiel look like when applied?? Just curious.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 26 of 34
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

BearsandTurtles, they pulled TU which is really clean, but I have several newer accounts including two opened last August and two last October, and this was the second application of the day (Why do I always open accounts in pairs???). My utilization is much higher than usual at the moment too.

I'm sure it wasn't the best time to apply. I'm just glad I got my foot in the door and got the Mastercard version. It seems like they're pretty good with CLIs though.

Message 27 of 34
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

WOW i ask beacuse I rarely see any approvals for the TJMAXXMastercard until i saw your post. But yeah 800 will grow immensley! At least you got the Mastercard! Congrats GE LOVES YOU Smiley Happy

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 28 of 34
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

Oh, that's funny. I thought maybe I had the tiniest limit you'd ever seen.

If GE loves me, I think the feeling is mutual. I have a few of their cards, a few with US Bank, and a few with Comenity Bank, but it seems like it's much easier to grow with GE. 

Message 29 of 34
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

yes GE is much for easier to get appreciation from. Well congrats!! 

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.