Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banana Republic to Visa Signature?

tag
ObieGrad
Valued Member

Banana Republic to Visa Signature?

Logged into my Banana Republic card account and noticed a new picture where the card image goes. Suggests they may be changing the Banana Republic card to a Visa Signature. Not sure if there are any other changes or when this might happen, nothing communicated from Synchronicity.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Banana Republic to Visa Signature?

I don't know about it but I love the card. I need that one Smiley Happy.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that's the Luxe card since it is black versus silver but not sure what's going on with the changes. Sexy looking Card.
Message 3 of 10
texasman07
Established Contributor

When I log into my Gap card it says Visa Signature and the card left go has changed
Message 4 of 10
C24Webb
Regular Contributor

I just noticed the same thing, so I went on chat to ask about the new image.  The rep automatically changed my card from the old Visa/non-Luxe card to the new Visa Signature card with upgraded benefits.  New features: 2x points on all purchases outside of the brands, 3x points on all purchases outside of the brands in your birthday month, VS concierge, purchase return protection, no foreign transaction fee, exclusive VS event access.  Guessing others can make the change now as well!

Card/Limit/Opened — Discover it: $27,600 2/14 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,500 7/14 | Banana Republic Visa: $10,000 7/14 | USAA Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $9,000 6/11 | Chase Freedom: $2,000 3/12
History — AAoA: 42 months | Oldest account: 119 months (including AU) | Inquiries: 1 EX 0 EQ 0 TU | Score: 765 (Discover TU) 750 (USAA CreditCheck Monitoring EX FAKO)
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@C24Webb wrote:

I just noticed the same thing, so I went on chat to ask about the new image.  The rep automatically changed my card from the old Visa/non-Luxe card to the new Visa Signature card with upgraded benefits.  New features: 2x points on all purchases outside of the brands, 3x points on all purchases outside of the brands in your birthday month, VS concierge, purchase return protection, no foreign transaction fee, exclusive VS event access.  Guessing others can make the change now as well!

Wow that actually sounds like a card worth having now... What are the points worth for redemption? I can't find the rewards programs terms online.
Message 6 of 10
C24Webb
Regular Contributor

CreditSnorlax wrote:

Wow that actually sounds like a card worth having now... What are the points worth for redemption? I can't find the rewards programs terms online.

It's 500 points = $5 reward, so $100 spent with the brands at the 5x rate earns $5.  Outside purchases are 1x, though with the new card it will be 2x.  They also have several bonus offers throughout the year for out-of-brand spending, like 3x points on gas, groceries, dining, and Costco purchases right now (at least for me).

Card/Limit/Opened — Discover it: $27,600 2/14 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,500 7/14 | Banana Republic Visa: $10,000 7/14 | USAA Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $9,000 6/11 | Chase Freedom: $2,000 3/12
History — AAoA: 42 months | Oldest account: 119 months (including AU) | Inquiries: 1 EX 0 EQ 0 TU | Score: 765 (Discover TU) 750 (USAA CreditCheck Monitoring EX FAKO)
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@C24Webb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's 500 points = $5 reward, so $100 spent with the brands at the 5x rate earns $5.  Outside purchases are 1x, though with the new card it will be 2x.  They also have several bonus offers throughout the year for out-of-brand spending, like 3x points on gas, groceries, dining, and Costco purchases right now (at least for me).

I have the regular silver visa card, 2 days ago after my statement cut the black card showed ups, wondering if i'll get this new card ??, look beautiful lol.

Here the promo i got last month:

BR Promo.JPG

Message 8 of 10
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

I did an online chat as my account is showing the black visa signature, and they said that there is no offer to upgrade my account at this time to the visa signature card. She said I should wait for the invite for the card! Maybe I should have requested a new card be reissued and hoped it was a black visa signature card?
Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 9 of 10
ObieGrad
Valued Member

I was told I would receive a new card next week with the benefits mentioned above. (Sounds like benefits are actually in place on my existing card now).

2% on everything (assuming one can make use of banana dollars) + no foreign transaction fees + Visa Signature make this a very compelling card for those who want to avoid annual fees.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.