Bank Americard. Enrolling in online banking issues.

According to the CSR I spoke to, I will have to wait until I get my first statement before I can enroll. Doesn't really make any sense to me. If I can phone in and access my account then it should "exist" enough to enroll.

When I try it simply says that "my information does not match their records" and inevitably locks me out.

Anyone else have experience with this or is this a common thing?

If in fact she knew what she was talking about, how am I going to be able to pay the balance down below 9% before the statement cuts ( apparently they report at the same time )?

Or should I just make sure I don't spend more than that, so when the balance reports ( presumably while I'm waiting for the statement to come in the mail) It will already be below 9% and I can then just PIF?

I was only going to put Scorewatch on it anyway and not use it otherwise so it would be below 9% regardless.

Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bank Americard. Enrolling in online banking issues.

I wouldn't worry about it for a month honestly; FICO has no memory of prior balances and it's urban legend that other lenders will slash your established credit lines just because they see a one month balance on another credit card: that's what credit cards are designed for.  Where they tend to get edgy is they don't see anything they consider "progress" in repaying your accounts :smileyhappy:.

Anyway if the card is your typical use card, just use it, let it close, get access to the admittedly excellent BOFA web interface, and go on with life.  I do think it's a little odd though you can't enroll online immediately, even before I had and could activate my card it was in the online interface; however, I've banked there for some stupid amount of time already and as a new customer it might be somewhat different but I can't see why.  I'm pretty certain I near immediately got access to my old checking account when I moved to Cali, opened the new account, and then signed up for online access.  Seems wierd but end of the day pretty unimportant.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 693, EQ 8 685, TU 705, EX 709 (02/27/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.