Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Americard Travel Rewards Card Questions

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Bank Americard Travel Rewards Card Questions

I have been looking for a CC for overseas usage. Visa or MasterCard with chip will be ideal. The community is so helpful here! A lot of ppl have given very good suggestions.

So far I am thinkingto get the Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa card with chip. Is it a prime travel card? Do I need to bank with them to apply? Can I pay the statement balance online each month with an external checking account? Are there any hidden fees? How's their customer service? Does anyone have experiences of using it in Europe or Asia?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bank Americard Travel Rewards Card Questions

its a prime card, i got approved with a 5k limit a year ago. i pay with my chase online bill pay service which takes 1 business day to get there. ive only used it in canada but no problems or hidden fees. never had a problem with bank of america customer service always attentive and helpful.

amazon
Message 2 of 18
gnarlycow
Valued Member

@DigitalArk wrote:
I have been looking for a CC for overseas usage. Visa or MasterCard with chip will be ideal. The community is so helpful here! A lot of ppl have given very good suggestions.

So far I am thinkingto get the Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa card with chip. Is it a prime travel card? Do I need to bank with them to apply? Can I pay the statement balance online each month with an external checking account? Are there any hidden fees? How's their customer service? Does anyone have experiences of using it in Europe or Asia?

It's not a bad travel card. Whether or not a prime card depends on your definition of "prime". It's not necessary to have a banking relationship with them to apply, though an exising relationship might help a tiny bit.

Yes, you can pay online with a verified external checking account. They use the trial deposit method for verification. All fees are listed on the disclosure, like almost all other cards. Mine has the EMV chip. I've only had the card for a month, but I've always had very enjoyable experices when calling BofA CSR.

Message 3 of 18
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Thank you guys! I assume it also has the magnetic stripe as well so I can use it when I am in the state.
Do you need to ask for the EMV chip? Does it have Visa siggy?
Message 4 of 18
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

FYI, it's not chip & PIN.
Message 5 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 18
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Haha, Lexie! Smiley Tongue
Message 7 of 18
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Thank you Kevin! Can chip n Sig be used on chip n pin systems?
Message 8 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

ERT in the house 

Set away from the computer 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 18
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

ERT?
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.