Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Americard offer?

tag
Twitchrdrm
Regular Contributor

Bank Americard offer?

I've been in the process of cleaning things up and before I get to the topic of this post I started the process w/ scores in the 500's and upper 500's back in Feb of this yr.  I started paying collections off and writing good will letters.  All I had was a car loan that I paid off last yr in Oct 2010 and 2 dept store cards for the last 3 yr's that I never use.  Fast forward to now, Oct 31's and I have:

Cap1 No hassle rewards: started at 300 bumped up to 500 3 most later (March)

HSBC/Best Buy: 300 limit (June)

Chase Freedom: 1K limit in (July)

My fico is 700 now and I want to get some higher limit cards so I can use them and pay in pull monthly which is what i've been doing w/ my chase and cap1 (I only use the best buy if I need something from there) which will build my utilization numbers by increasing my available credit. Anyways, I got an offer from bank of america in the mail today and I'm not sure whether I'm pre approved or if it's just an invitation to apply.  Should I go ahead and apply and hope for a card w/ at least a 1K limit or just chill out on applying for cards? Just curious if anyone either knows what their approval criteria is or what I should do here.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank Americard offer?

Its a great card I say go for it

Message 2 of 10
Twitchrdrm
Regular Contributor

Well I went ahead and applied and was approved for a 1500.00 limit which is fine since I only use the cards to pay for things in full when the statement comes, hopefully sooner rather than later I will get the Cap 1 Venture card or the Jet Blue Amex that I am targeting!

Message 3 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats!!

Your foot in the door with BOA; great card to have.

Message 4 of 10
laboi_22
Established Contributor

Yes and they are great with CLI. I got my Cash Rewards card with a 1000 CL. In 3 months I called back, they soft pulled my CRA, and approved me for a CLI of 5000. Just last month I earned $35 in cash back rewards with the 1-2-3 card! I love this card. Since they are generous with CLI, I give them all my business. The Chase Freedom 1000 CL card is sock drawered what a shame too it has such potential just not much you can do with a 1000 CL

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 5 of 10
Twitchrdrm
Regular Contributor

Hmm... What is the number that you called for the C/L? I want to get it now so I can call in a few months from now and see if I can get one like you did.  Please post it for me!

Message 6 of 10
Twitchrdrm
Regular Contributor

Any chance I could get this card changed to some kind of rewards card? The 0% interest for 12 mos is ok but i pay in full each month so i'd rather get cash back or travel if possible.  What would you do?

Message 7 of 10
laboi_22
Established Contributor

The number to credit analysts is (800) 718-6072 that will get you straight to them. No waiting. You could call the same number and ask for a PC to the BofA cash rewards. I started out with the power rewards 0% interest card for 12 months. I called and they changed me to the cash rewards card. You might have to ask a few times and try a few different reps. Some tell you to reapply. Don't do that. I can assure you they can product change. They did it without problems for me.
Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 8 of 10
Twitchrdrm
Regular Contributor

@laboi_22 wrote:
The number to credit analysts is (800) 718-6072 that will get you straight to them. No waiting. You could call the same number and ask for a PC to the BofA cash rewards. I started out with the power rewards 0% interest card for 12 months. I called and they changed me to the cash rewards card. You might have to ask a few times and try a few different reps. Some tell you to reapply. Don't do that. I can assure you they can product change. They did it without problems for me.

Thanks!! I should probably call tomorrow since it's 10PM in my time zone I take it?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.