Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank Americard

@creditguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditguy wrote:

You can get a $300 bonus right now without being offered it. You just have to open a checking account and set up direct deposit, no credit card account needed. 

False. The $300 bonus offer is targeted, so you can only get it if Bank of America wants you to have it. 

For everyone else, including the OP, the best offer out there is $100 (for checking). 

False. I already sent OP the link to the $300 offer, Google can be your friend. I would appreciate not being accused of making a false statement, thank you. 

If you had to send the OP a link to get the $300 offer, BoA probably won't honor it. 

They're not stupid... They have a list of people they've sent the offer to. If BoA sees the OP cheated to get the offer without actually recieving one from them, the OP could end up with $0 instead. 

Please do not mislead the OP and everyone else thinking the $300 offer is avaliable to just anyone. 

Dude it's an official BofA link you need to relax, no one is misleading anyone, there is a world that exists outside of your beliefs, you were bashing BofA recently, now your an expert on them right? Do you even have any accounts with them? 

It's common sense really. Bank of America sends those exclusive offers out to those with a certain criteria. 

If Bank of America (or any bank) sees that the person wasn't sent an exclusive offer but somehow retrieved it, they don't have to honor it. 

I don't hate Bank of America as a whole, I just hate some of their products, and some of their miserable customer service reps (especially tellers). That part shouldn't even be a topic of discussion as it has nothing to do with my knowledge of finances. 

Have a good night, I don't want this to turn into a back and forth contest, I don't want to poke the mods and make them mad. I'd rather keep my account active. 

Message 11 of 14
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Agreed, a back and forth will get us nowhere, I may not agree with you, but I do respect your right to disagree, you have a good night as well.
Message 12 of 14
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I don't love that people view Mods as a group that is poked and we get mad. Not accurate in the slightest, from my experience. The rules are the rules, and we're supposed to all follow them. Sometimes, it's hard to fully, consistently enforce those rules, but if someone AR's the post that is breaking the rules it just makes that violation of the TOS just go to the top of the heap so to speak.

I'm glad this was resolved. Smiley Wink
Message 13 of 14
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's common sense really. Bank of America sends those exclusive offers out to those with a certain criteria. 

If Bank of America (or any bank) sees that the person wasn't sent an exclusive offer but somehow retrieved it, they don't have to honor it. 

I don't hate Bank of America as a whole, I just hate some of their products, and some of their miserable customer service reps (especially tellers). That part shouldn't even be a topic of discussion as it has nothing to do with my knowledge of finances. 

Have a good night, I don't want this to turn into a back and forth contest, I don't want to poke the mods and make them mad. I'd rather keep my account active. 

Yes, this happens a lot of times out there. The banks don't have to honor it but many times they do.

Last year the Chase AARP had a targeted offer for $200 bonus instead of the regular and official $100 bonus. A lot of people were able to use the $200 link (that they said it was targeted) but Chase gave the $200 to all that applied.

So both are right, a) the Banks don't have to honor it and b) they honor it most of the time.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.