Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank CC's and account questions

tag
mum4519
Contributor

Re: Bank CC's and account questions

Yes, as been said you can add accounts online to pay your WF credit card. I work as a private banker for them and I can tell you that there is an account that if you have a $750 DD then it is free. The only thing is, is that is a $750 single deposit, not combined monthly deposits. There are accounts with $1,000 monthly combined deposits.
Just an FYI if you thought you were getting screwed. All that was more than likely needed was a quick stop by a branch to let a personal banker waive that fee as well as out you in the correct account.
Either way, glad you got your CC figured out.
- In My Wallet -

AMEX BCE $17,000
Wells Fargo Rewards $9,200
Chase Southwest VISA $5,200
Message 11 of 12
tburns
Regular Contributor

Re: Bank CC's and account questions

@mum4519 wrote:
Yes, as been said you can add accounts online to pay your WF credit card. I work as a private banker for them and I can tell you that there is an account that if you have a $750 DD then it is free. The only thing is, is that is a $750 single deposit, not combined monthly deposits. There are accounts with $1,000 monthly combined deposits.
Just an FYI if you thought you were getting screwed. All that was more than likely needed was a quick stop by a branch to let a personal banker waive that fee as well as out you in the correct account.
Either way, glad you got your CC figured out.

Thanks,

Here's the combo I've had for the last few years without a fee.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/checking/way2save#Fnl

The requirments do say:

"Qualifying direct deposits4 totaling $750 or more each statement cycle,"

So that was my confusion. Like I said though, other then this new fee I'm kinda tired of juggling 5 checking accounts and my CU's do have better interest rates. Only thing that kept me with WF all this time is they were the first CC I've ever had. But it's been stuck at $700 for 2 years while my Discover has increased twice in the last year. I did call to ask for an increase but backed out when they said it would be a hard pull. My CC with WF doesn't have rewards and it's interest rate is 16%, where my Alliant is 10.25%.

I'm guessing my WF hasn't given me a CLI since I rarely use it. Only about $70 a month for UTL.

Another reason I've kept my WF was I moved from Cali 2 years ago and the bank I used to have was regional.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.