New Visitor
Raisingthebar

Bank Of America 99/500

I know there are many posts about this card, but I wanted to ask a few questions and tell of my experiences so far. I applied for a Worldpoints card and a Student Platinum Visa from BOA. Both were rejected, but I received two offers in the mail a few days later for a Worldpoints 99/500 and a Student Platinum Visa 99/500. My credit scores are in the low 500's due to a lot of negative information that I am currently cleaning up. I chose to do both, but since I read another post about somebody trying that, I sent the student platinum 3 days later. (I would rather have the worldpoints card on my record). I spoke with a cust rep and she said that at 9 months, they reconsider and can convert it. Once you are able to unsecure, you can convert to whatever card you want on a list they give you. I got rid of one of my Cap ones with a $200 limit that they would never raise and kept the no fee $3000 limit Cap One platinum. I want to get these two BOA cards and get my credit back up over 700. Has anyone converted their 99/500 into any good cards? Please respond.
Super Contributor
concorduser

Re: Bank Of America 99/500

I have this card. It is due to convert to regular card in 4 months. You have to have the card for 9 months before they make it unsecure. I have read on this forum several other had this card and later became unsecured and got CLI's. If you have the offer, I would strongly suggest getting these cards. BOA is a prime CCC and you'll be very happy with this cards.
Regular Contributor
ash4557

[ Edited ]
Yelp,
There were alot of folks just talking about that last week. Think the thread was bofa emerging??? They convert to unsecured! If they offered the 99/500 better jump on it. Everyone does not get the offer.

Message Edited by ash4557 on 03-07-2008 09:49 AM

Message Edited by ash4557 on 03-07-2008 09:50 AM
Senior Contributor
Sylviatob

To be honest with you, I didn't even KNOW that BoA offered a 99/500 card EXCEPT the Visa Platinum Partial Secured card(the 99/500). That's news to me! I wonder if they are brand new products they are offering?

If they counter offered those 2 cards to you, I'd say go for it in a hurry. I have the Visa Platinum 99/500 card and am hanging on to it, for it to be unsecured in 6 months or so.
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

I agree.  I'll just repeat here what I've said several times.  If only I had known about this card when I needed a secured card, I wouldn't still be stuck with this ridiculous secured I still have.  (Starts with "O" and ends in "rchard".)

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

I had posted that I had two 99/500 offers back in November. You are doing it right.

A rep told me I could accept both offers. Feeling leary, I accepted the one I wanted (a 3rd party BofA-backed card) and held off on the other. After the money cleared and the inquiry dinged, I mailed the second offer back for the Plat. Plus, but was denied because I already had accepted that other card. To bad BofA reports so quickly. It cost me 4 inquiries, not to mention the two inquiries from the failed attempt at the fully secured card 3 mo. prior.

Letter states:

"Thank you for your request for the BofA Plat. Plus Visa [99/500 counter-offer].

Unfortunately, after careful review, we are unable to approve your request because the amount of credit extended to you by us and/or our affiliates is adequate......."
Frequent Contributor
PayYouNever

I was offered this card when I went in to deal with an excessive overdraft - they're trying to me to link the card as Overdraft protection. I'm going in Monday to finish fillinout the application, as I was approved, but just need to sign the cardholder agreement.

I didn't know I could get a WorldPoints partially secured card, I'll ask for that or the Platnium Visa. I've been able to handle all of my CC payments for the past 4 years. My biggest hits dated back to 04, when i was unemployed for 9 months -- those negative hits (late on car payments, CO then negotiated settled Cap1, Chase, Citi and Providian) just linger and hold my scores down. All of the COs occurred in 1/06, so I figure now I can apply for stuff as my scores probably went up as it's been two years since the major damage was active.
Frequent Contributor
dangphuocloc72

:smileyhappy: I just got mail

YOU ARE ALREADY APPROVED ( SECOND TIME I HAVE )

PLEASE RETURN THIS FORM WITH YOUR CHECK FOR 99 AND YOUR CARD CREDIT LINE 500

ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE 20.24%
ANNUAL FEE $29

WHY DO I NEEDS THIS CARD FOR ?

I'LL WAIT  2 YEARS THEN REAPPLY . NO MORE APPLICATION FOR ME .

ANYWAY THANKS YOU GUYS . :smileyhappy:

REASON : YOUR CREDIT REFERENCES HAVE NOT BEEN ESTABLISHED FOR A SUFFICIENT LENGTH OF TIME .

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+